admin
Site Admin

Review: Battleplans

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:00 pm

I doubt I’m alone in the fact that bright, simplistic art styles in mobile strategy games often set off red flags in my head.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... ttleplans/

EICJoe

Re: Review: Battleplans

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:12 pm

I feel I need to apologise for giving Sean what's turned out to be a fairly naff F2P title to review for his first game. I do feel the F2P market has evolved to a point where there are some titles worth playing, but this probably isn't one of them.

At any rate, please welcome Sean to the site - he's new, but he's been a long-time fan. He's also got me as an editor and we all know how awesome I am at that, so remember if you have any issues with the content please direct your concerns to me.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

thesergent

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:35 pm

This review is unfortunately true. I played this game in is beginning and it was far more fun and easy. Now, the recent update make it impossible for me to win any fight because I must fight against people that are 20 level too high and I can't even fight the single player mission because I don'T have a hero that is level 20 (while before that, we needed to have 4 level 4 hero)

This is sad because I was really looking forward this game at first, but the greed as once again fucked up a good game

Good review

halfvoid

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:50 pm

I feel the exact same about the game, and curiously enough, the review devices are the exact two Android devices I own.

biffpow

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:38 pm

Great review--totally on-point.

For some reason, the game reminded me of the TV show Survivor, with its camps and challenges. It was far less interesting than an episode of that, though I wonder if this game would be more appealing if it had been branded "Survivor" or "Hunger Games" or some such thing.

Welcome, Sean! Look forward to reading more from you.

rinelk

Re: Review: Battleplans

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Here's hoping your hazing is over. Welcome!

Private Prinny

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:40 am

Welcome Sean, it seems you already settled nicely into the "crappy F2P-Review Slot" who noone else wanted ;-P

JK, thanks for the warning tough. I have too many games I want to play for the most obscure reasons (art style for instance) and now at least Iknow i don't have to add yet another one to the ever looming Backlog-pile.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”