admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Kings and Sheep Edition

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:47 pm

It's all about good breeding this week at Pocket Tactics, from the literal management of livestock to the debatable manners of royalty, and including traditional rites of passage, like doing...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/out-n ... p-edition/

Mirefox

Re: Out Now: Kings and Sheep Edition

Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:35 pm

All Creatures is a great tabletop game but it really shines when you add in at least one expansion. I'm holding off for reviews but if the game is good and I pick it up, I'll be grabbing the DLC right away, and I'd recommend that everyone else do, too.

hardco

Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:57 pm

The game has worked great for me so far. It has avoided all of the multiplayer problems that plagued Patchwork in the first few days. The game is more complicated than Patchwork though, and the UI reflects that. The action selection is functional, but not that pretty. Because they save at least half of each tile to represent what animals are being kept, the iconography of different buildings appear very small, and similar from building to building.

Despite these minor complaints, the game plays well and all of the required information is easily available. I'd definitely recommend picking it up if you enjoy worker placement, but I would never say "All Creatures Great and Small is sleeker and snappier than it’s legendary predecessor."

CarlRJ

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 pm

"... with Android being investigated on suspicion of heresy".

This is *awesome* ;)

biffpow

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:49 pm

Fabulous round-up as usual Tof! Though I did not ever play Bad Piggies. I have a strong allergy to Roxio-anything, it would seem. And now that everything they do is FTP, I think my allergy is a fatal one. I should carry some epi-pens or something.

I hope All Creatures gets a review--like wise, old Mirefox, I'm waiting to see what the early-adopters think. I love the physical game, so it won't take much for me to pull the trigger.

Mirefox

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:51 am

The Pathfinder update dropped sometime recently, as well. I like all the new dice to collect, but I'm not sure how to get them - treasure chests, maybe? They also didn't seem to be available in quest mode.

I also like the idea of the daily quest, but the specificity of them can make them a bit of a pain. Mine, for example, asked me to win Thistletop scenario with just Ezren. I've never used him in story mode, so to even attempt the quest, I would need to build him up a bit first.

geigerm

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:45 am

I think you're right--I believe the dice are available in treasure chests.

I'm assuming everyone gets the same daily challenge, as I had the same one you saw. Luckily, I've been using Ezren in a party that's almost completed the Skinsaw Murders, so I was able to complete the challenge on my second try.

Mirefox

Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:41 am

Sorry for dragging this off on a tangent, but is anything in Pathfinder saved in their servers? I bought the season pass, so I know that if I get a new iPad I'll be able to restore that, but what about the many, many thousands of gold I've accumulated and spent?

Mirefox

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:34 pm

Correction: You can new dice in quest mode, but only after you have dragged the character into your party.

MetaKirby

Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:27 pm

@Mirefox The gold and I believe unlocked cards are saved to your account, though I believe your party save file is currently in a local file.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”