admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Outsorceried Edition

Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:29 pm

This week’s headline is the final chapter of Sorcery!, but that’s not the only thing going.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/out-n ... d-edition/

iguanaditty

Re: Out Now: Outsorceried Edition

Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:50 pm

appshopper tells me that something titled "Role: A Role-playing Party Game" which appears to match your description has been out since Feb 11 2015.

EICJoe

Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:20 pm

appshopper tells me that something titled "Role: A Role-playing Party Game" which appears to match your description has been out since Feb 11 2015.
You're correct it seems. Sorry for that! Must have slipped through the cracks. We often take notes from some of the other sites like Touch Aracde that do similar content, and earlier in the week than we do. Guess we got caught out by this one.

I'll try to make sure this doesn't happen again.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

iguanaditty

Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:24 pm

I'll note if I didn't appreciate your roundups so much I wouldn't have noticed.

geigerm

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Yup, Frost is Android- and PC- (and Mac- and freakin' Linux)-only for now. The dev did mention on Twitter that he'd be tackling iOS next.

When was the last time a game came to iOS last?!? (I'm sure it's more recent than I think, but still ... )

jramboz

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:17 pm

I'm hearing rumors (vicious rumors!) that the iOS version of Telltale Batman is missing some scenes that are in the PC/Xbox One/PS4 version. I'm told they're replaced by loading screens -- and the same is true of the Xbox360 and PS3 versions. I haven't substantiated these claims myself yet, so they remain rumors (vicious rumors!).

CarlRJ

Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:31 pm

It wasn't until you said "(no, not that Steve Jackson, this Steve Jackson!)" that I caught that they were two different things. If your name (yes, even if it _is_ your name) is already widely associated with something/someone else in your field, maybe using it as your primary moniker/company name isn't the best idea. Worked out rather well for a well-known musician a while back (there was this already a guy named Davy Jones in The Monkees, who were rather popular at the time, so young David Robert Jones rebranded himself as David Bowie).

biffpow

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:09 pm

@Jramboz: I don't know if your vicious rumor mill is this specific, but I wonder if they are salacious or especially violent scenes? Or just memory-intensive scenes?

LordGek

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:05 pm

I can even testify that the iOS beta of Frost I'm looking at is already incredibly solid running great on both my iPad Pro and iPhone 6+ (no clue on minimum specs but would assume pretty low as there are minimal sounds and no real animation in the game.

Tamsk

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:56 am

@CarlRJ: I'm curious which Steve Jackson you believe should have chosen a different name. As far as I know, neither had "priority": their careers developed on different sides of the Atlantic in exactly the same period, starting small in the mid-70s to greater success in the early 80s to booms later in the decade. GW and SJG are of comparable prominence in hobby history (though their financial success might be more divergent).

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”