admin
Site Admin

Review: Frost

Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Overcoming adversity and beating the odds is an archetypal idea that has populated story and song for as long as humanity has had language.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-frost/

acedout

Re: Review: Frost

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:50 pm

Excellent review. I bought the game as soon as it came out and I agree. It's a beautiful atmospheric game. The luck factor is a tad too high for my liking and I think the Ideas cards could have been a little more creative. The majority of them don't really seem to help a great deal, but then maybe I'm not thinking deep enough on my strategy.

This game will be staying in my Deck Building folder on my iPad for a good deal of time!

LordGek

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:03 pm

@Acedout
The idea cards and events get a lot more useful and annoying respectively as you unlock more.

Scenarios serve dual purposes in the game. I mean, besides being a fun break from the normal rules by playing under some weird new parameters, if you clear a scenario, that character is added as an option to play in Classic mode. Initially you can only play as "Anonymous" in Classic mode, a guy with no special abilities. Each scenario character you unlock, however, comes with 2 unique on-call abilities, which can make a huge difference in mitigating the harsh misfortunes of bad card draws in the primary Classic mode.

acedout

Re:

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:56 pm

@Acedout
The idea cards and events get a lot more useful and annoying respectively as you unlock more.

Scenarios serve dual purposes in the game. I mean, besides being a fun break from the normal rules by playing under some weird new parameters, if you clear a scenario, that character is added as an option to play in Classic mode. Initially you can only play as "Anonymous" in Classic mode, a guy with no special abilities. Each scenario character you unlock, however, comes with 2 unique on-call abilities, which can make a huge difference in mitigating the harsh misfortunes of bad card draws in the primary Classic mode.
That's great to know, thank you. I've managed to unlock one scenario and really enjoyed that, so looking forward to get more stuck into the game. It's a quite beautiful game though and strangely absorbing for a card game. I'll be enjoying this for many hours to come. That's if I can break my current addiction for Concrete Jungle though, which is an absolute blast! Alone with a few sessions on Invisible Inc, which is brilliant!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”