admin
Site Admin

Review: Football Manager Mobile 2017

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:00 pm

There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and an annual release of Football Manager. I have been a slave to the monolithic spreadsheet machine ever since I was able...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... bile-2017/

Mr. E

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:38 am

So what's up with the in app purchases? Are they required for the full experience?

I'm asking because I'm interested in choosing this game as my first steps in the world of football sim, but still wondering whether FM Mobile is the way to go.

geigerm

Re: Review: Football Manager Mobile 2017

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:49 pm

I haven't played the 2017 version, but I've played the last couple of FM Mobile games and never spent a dime on in-app purchases. I think the game's great without them. And it certainly works well as a gateway to football sims--I knew very little about the sport coming in, and I think playing the game has taught me a bunch.

lithiumproject

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:30 pm

Hey Mr. E,

The in app purchases are not needed to get the full experience of the game - they are for things like ensuring you can not be fired from your position. I would absolutely recommend FM Mobile 2017, and assure you to not be concerned about the IAP.

Marc Vaughan

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi,

The game is designed to be fully playable without using iAP and the vast majority of items which are purchasable are also able to be unlocked through gameplay (meaning that most iAP is entirely optional for users).

If you have any other questions about the game then feel free to email me (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) or post them here or on our forums at sigames.

Hope this helps,

Marc Vaughan
(Head of Handheld Development - Sports Interactive Ltd)

lopett3

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:01 pm

Just a quick one
What is the difference between FM mobile and FM touch?
15 bucks but what else?

lithiumproject

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:26 pm

- FM Touch is essentially the main series ported to iOS, and includes a ton of extra features, options, menus.
- FM Mobile is a much more streamlined version and much more accessible for people wanting to dive into the series for the first time - it's also a much more stable iOS game currently.

lopett3

Re:

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 pm

- FM Touch is essentially the main series ported to iOS, and includes a ton of extra features, options, menus.
- FM Mobile is a much more streamlined version and much more accessible for people wanting to dive into the series for the first time - it's also a much more stable iOS game currently.
Thanks

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”