admin
Site Admin

Review: Colt Express

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Asmodee has been churning out digital versions of their boardgame lineup in 2016. The latest title to get the mobile treatment is Colt Express.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... t-express/

EICJoe

Re: Review: Colt Express

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:09 pm

[Reserving space for comments on the Multiplayer Update when it drops]
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Mirefox

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:41 pm

I consider multiplayer broken no matter how functional it actually is if it does not have asynchronous play, which I believe they had said is not planned. It is so sad to me that we finally live in a day and age where technology allows me to play games with all my old college friends who are spread around the world and live in vastly different stages of life, yet companies refuse to implement this feature. I own Colt express; its fun with my family; no way am I trying to coordinate a specific time to sit down with my aforementioned friends and play through a game of anything, let alone a simply board game.

tofeklund

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:23 pm

I consider multiplayer broken no matter how functional it actually is if it does not have asynchronous play
I'm right there with you, Mirefox. I play on mobile for flexibility, and right now there are only two kinds of multiplayer that work for me: asynch, and *very* short, decisive matches - basically just CCGs like Faeria and Duelyst.

lopett3

Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:53 pm

My main concern with colt express is the Lobby.
I prefer to play async but this one is shorter than Ticket to Ride and nobody want to play TTR async. Instead they give u 6 min to play!
But to keep track of what people play before and considering that a game last only around 20 Minutes. I need a user friendly online lobby more than a async online

Mirefox

Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:06 pm

The game has updated. I don't own it, so I don't know if it is actually improved or not.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”