admin
Site Admin

Card Game of the Year 2016: Concrete Jungle

Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:00 pm

It’s been an interesting year for card-games. On the CCG front, Hearthstone is still the behemoth in the room but there are questions as to whether it’s beginning to stagnate.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/card- ... te-jungle/

moggylloyd

Re: Card Game of the Year 2016: Concrete Jungle

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:57 pm

There's no doubt Concrete Jungle is a very good game in terms of presentation and clever puzzle-city builder gameplay, but my enjoyment of it ran out of steam.

It started after I completed the campaign. I thought with it being called Welcome to Caribou City it would be the first phase of something longer but it turned out that's all there was. I didn't get three stars in all the 16 or so missions but I didn't feel any great incentive to try for that. I feel once I've beaten a level I've beaten it and it doesn't matter by how much.

Other than this, there were the one-off matches in solo, classic, versus etc but I don't see much point to these. I kept trying to beat my high scores for a while but I wasn't feeling much motivation to keep going.

Am I missing something here? Is there another aspect of this game I've completely missed? I'd like there to be more as at the moment it feels like it's way too short but sweet.

On a slightly unrelated topic, I have another question - are there any actual bona fide city builders that are worth playing on iPad - I.e not crappy free-to-play things? There was Sim City Deluxe but EA killed that off and replaced it with the awful Build-It version. I'd live there to be a proper city builder sandbox where I can create something from scratch and develop it.

Buttsauce

Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:51 pm

I thought this game was fantastic, well-worth the asking price. It's a fantastic game, and I think it deserves to be where it is.

acedout

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Seconded. It's a brilliant game. I'd love a second campaign though.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”