admin
Site Admin

Review: Terra Mystica

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Terra Mystica has received much praise since its original publication in 2012. Born from many traditions and mainstays of Euro game design, it nevertheless innovated that same category through its...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... a-mystica/

G Mahler

Re: Review: Terra Mystica

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Like many games if this mid compelxity, I would recommend watching a board game playthrough on the Tube to help you become familiar with all the moving parts.....

anto

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:42 am

Apparently the easy AI timeing issues have been fixed in post release patches (there have been 2 already), so this might become easily a 5 star game.

Neo42

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:21 pm

I'll be buying this soon. :)

Cgareth

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:14 pm

"So while the learning aids are well-made and in all fairness rather excellent..."

For returning players maybe, I'd hazard.

I've never played the physical game and as such, am finding the online manual/tutorial very tricky. I can quite enjoy these cutesy character-driven tutorials, but given that this game is big on intricate details (costs/faction abilities etc etc), I'm often left frustrated trying to remember how the Power system works, or how to get hold of priests, or trying to figure out why I can terraform a tile to *this* but not to *that*, etc etc etc.

Ending up on BGG to find help, I see there's an excellent user-made player aid out there which I've had to download, print off and have it handy when I fire up the app. It's a very good game, but for me, learning how good, has been a trial!

geigerm

Re: Review: Terra Mystica

Mon May 01, 2017 2:47 pm

That 1-page aid on BGG is a life-saver--I look at that before most of my moves.

There's also a good, slightly more detailed thread on race-by-race strategies here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/1566 ... strategies

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”