admin
Site Admin

Return of the Giveaway: Strike Team Hydra - CLOSED

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:29 pm

We’re back with another game giveaway, once again courtesy of Wave Light Games to celebrate their recent release, Strike Team Hydra.

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.

Wavelightgames

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Great review. Really appreciate you taking the time to look at the game in such depth.

I have a couple of updates in process that fine tune things a bit more. The UI will be improved considerably in the 1.2 patch and then the one after that will have further refinements and balance tweaks.

Apple is taking a long time to approve the updates for some reason.

I'll look into the late game difficulty curve too and see if I can add something to spice things up a bit at that stage. Maybe some new mission objective types or interesting new units. That will probably be down the road, though.

Zinger223

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm

Howdy!

Loved Demon's Rise and Xcom! Right up my alley!

Anyhow, my class would be a medic of sorts. Able to provide some limited firepower at mid to long range as well as healing and reviving fallen teammates.

Jared

black bellamy

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Still playing Demon's Rise 1 and 2, both such great little tactical affairs.

For the class roster addition, I would love to see a Psi-Crowd-Control unit. The unit does not fire regular weapons, but attempts to influence the enemy through mind control. Most effects would be crowd-control types, where the enemy loses a turn, or stays rooted in place, or fires randomly. The Psi soldier would also be able to project a psi-shield over one or more squadmates to protect them from certain effects. The unit would also be able to enhance th abilities of the other units. The Psi soldier would never deal damage directly, only through others.

If chosen, iOS pls :)

Wavelightgames

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm

There's actually already a psi soldier class. He's the Psi Operative and has mind control, morale boosting, morale draining, psychic damage spells, etc. He's only got a pistol so has less regular damage.

Wavelightgames

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Also, I'm doing some early design work for the next Strike Team game ... so any cool ideas for classes would be very helpful in this early stage. :)

dcalbie

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm

I would love to see a stealth class, akin to a rogue. Backstabbing, hiding in the shadows, laying traps, disarming etc...At a loss as to what to call it as Rogue sums it up perfectly.

dcalbie

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:37 pm

If picked iOS please. Thanks

Xereos

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:54 pm

I would go with the iOS version.

For the class, I would go with a Berserker/Tank type class, where the unit starts off heavily armored with low damage output and slow speed, but as it loses health its movement speed and attack goes up quickly.

The name of the class would be Protector, and it would work with a scifi context in the sense that as the unit starts to become more damaged, adrenaline would set in and potentially improve how much activity and action it could do.

Gwarmaxx

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Would be nice to see an engineer class, like that on Templar Battleforce, who operates on unknown alien stuff (computers, machinery, etc).

I would like to have an iOS code if possible... thanks a lot!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”