admin
Site Admin

Review: Mille Bornes

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Mille Bornes is a name you might half-hear if you've been hanging around in board game circles awhile.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... le-bornes/

LordGek

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:23 pm

I agree, the concept of spaces is kind of cool but losing ALL of the end of round bonuses is BS.

jaluth

Re:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:33 am

I agree, the concept of spaces is kind of cool but losing ALL of the end of round bonuses is BS.
No end of round bonuses? That's a major turn-off.

Back in the day I played the unofficial PalmOS version (Rally 1000) a LOT. Apart from discarding cards that you knew your opponent had a use for, another winning strategy was to sit on the safety cards to get the coup fourré bonus at the end of the round. Also, if you got to 700 km first you could push your luck and choose to extend the race to 1000 km - at the risk of not being able to finish. Afaik, there was also a bonus for finishing without using 200 km cards. So even if your opponent finished first, you could win on points. Other times you rushed through cards to get to 700 km before your opponent event got started to earn the "shutout" bonus, as matches were played until either side got to 5000 points.

Damn, I need to get my Palm m515 out of storage.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”