admin
Site Admin

Exciting Announcement: Pocket Tactics is now part of Network N

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Big things have been happening of late here at Wargamer Ltd. HQ. You may have noticed over the past couple of weeks that our output has temporarily changed and/or been...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/e ... network-n/

DotComCTO

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:45 pm

Wow! Congrats! I hope you guys continue to grow and attract new readers to the fold.

"Network N doesnt only like us for our charm and cutting wit..."
Hm. You guys are definitely cunning linguists! :lol:

Suxel

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Amazeballs! Have fun guys!

Good luck with iPad. I???ve got 9.7 Pro and recently bought Nvidia Shield K1 and I???m contemplating selling iPad but the games are still better on iOS!

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Wow! Congrats! I hope you guys continue to grow and attract new readers to the fold.

"Network N doesnt only like us for our charm and cutting wit..."
Hm. You guys are definitely cunning linguists! :lol:
We are nothing if not consistent ;)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

elenhil

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Pardon my (possible) ignorance, but is there a chance that this change might bring back the somewhat fictional, but nevertheless extremely interesting figure of Owen Faraday? I miss him greatly.

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:13 pm

Pardon my (possible) ignorance, but is there a chance that this change might bring back the somewhat fictional, but nevertheless extremely interesting figure of Owen Faraday? I miss him greatly.
I'm afraid not - we don't know what Owen is up to these days and have no real means to contact him. Not sure if Dave (Neumann) knows anything, but I've had zero contact with Owen since I got here.

Although to clarify - if Owen were to turn up and want to start writing for Pocket Tactics again, we'd certainly give him full consideration given his history with the site.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

mifki

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 am

Exciting, huh? No acquisition ever happened without changes that long-time users disliked. (And no acquisition was ever described other than exciting even if the product was discintinued shortly thereafter.)

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am

Exciting, huh? No acquisition ever happened without changes that long-time users disliked. (And no acquisition was ever described other than exciting even if the product was discintinued shortly thereafter.)
I mean, you're not wrong - what else would I be saying at this point? I am genuinely excited though, and if Network N weren't willing to give this some genuine effort I probably wouldn't still have a job. Why waste money if you don't have to, right?

There will be changes of course, but only in ways that help us do our jobs better and help the sites thrive once again - especially in PT's case.

The only reason February is a little bit on the quieter side is because we're conserving resources while we figure out what works in terms of articles, traffic etc... things will pick up again though, no to worry.
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”