admin
Site Admin

The Weekender: New Boss Edition

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:53 pm

With a new era comes some new ideas. I've been combing for the best deals and new releases for you guys every single week, so we thought we'd experiment by...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/w ... de-feb-16/

Snotty128

Re: The Weekender: New Boss Edition

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 pm

News by numbers was a great feature. I read it every week. Bring back news by numbers!

biffpow

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:42 pm

I upvote Snotty's comment! Bring it back.

NICKVIGDAHL

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:38 pm

Looks like Joe rewrote the open to this so just to clarify, The Weekender will take the place of the separate 'Out Now' and 'Sales' posts that appeared on Friday. I won't be covering news here other than game updates I normally mentioned in News by Numbers. News by Numbers is no more and will be replaced by individual news posts written by Joe. I'll leave it to him to make any comments beyond that.

I am glad you guys liked it enough to want to see it continue. :)

EICJoe

Re: The Weekender: New Boss Edition

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:21 am

Yeah sorry guys - it's unlikely at this point we can do both, so I asked Nick to concentrate on the Friday content for the time being.

Maybe we'll bring it back, maybe we won't... both me and nick did have a conversation about if we thought the format had run its course.

It was only ever as strong as the news it contained, and I think have news going up fresh is more useful for our short term plan.

That's not to say we can't bring it back for special occasions and features, which is how it started anyway :)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

butzopower

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Another post with Twilight Struggle in it, another comment reminding y'all that there's nothing "iOS Universal" about Twilight Struggle - it is iPad only. Please stop getting our hopes up. Might have been a good question to ask Asmodee in your feature.

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:15 am

Another post with Twilight Struggle in it, another comment reminding y'all that there's nothing "iOS Universal" about Twilight Struggle - it is iPad only. Please stop getting our hopes up. Might have been a good question to ask Asmodee in your feature.
Sorry butzo, my bad.

It keeps tripping me up because I play Twilight Struggle on my phone... but on android! :?

It works fine. Baffling why they haven't done the same on iOS yet but maybe this new partnership will help with things like this.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

butzopower

Re: Re:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 pm

Sorry butzo, my bad.

It keeps tripping me up because I play Twilight Struggle on my phone... but on android! :?

It works fine. Baffling why they haven't done the same on iOS yet but maybe this new partnership will help with things like this.
S'all good, just a bit sore on it ya know. Hopefully one day I can play it on my phone one day.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”