admin
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear comes to iOS and Android this week

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:01 pm

Beamdog, creators of the Baldur's Gate remakes, dropped an exciting announcement on us over the weekend – they’re bringing the Siege of Dragonspear to mobile devices!

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/b ... this-week/

J2D

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:21 pm

The transition to new ownership is underwhelming so far. I used to check in for News by Numbers, but it seems to have been replaced with 3-4 reposted press releases over the course of the week. The one post per day policy appears to have remained in effect which means there's no room for any game reviews whatsoever. Is this the plan going forward?

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:10 pm

The transition to new ownership is underwhelming so far. I used to check in for News by Numbers, but it seems to have been replaced with 3-4 reposted press releases over the course of the week. The one post per day policy appears to have remained in effect which means there's no room for any game reviews whatsoever. Is this the plan going forward?
Hey J2D,

Don't worry, I do appreciate where you're coming from. February was a highly transitional month for us. New owners means new rules, but from my side of things I also wanted to put our best foot forward, and that mean't scaling things down as much as possible.

In the short term, this means two things:

* The 'one a day rule' no longer applies.
* We're working to a strict, sustainable budget for freelance work.

When I was using the 'one a day' rule, It was in place because having to pay x an amount an article, five days a week, 52 weeks in a year gets expensive enough as it is. Sure, I posted separate news items or whatever every now and then things came up, because with NBN and Out Now, there was little reason to muddy the waters and step on those articles' toes.

So, for about 18 months straight, you guys had a content scheduled filled with reviews, features and guides. Big, involved articles.

As part of the work we're doing with NetowrkN, we're no longer doing the one 'big' article a day anymore, and because I don't want Nick to take ALL the money (sorry Nick), I have for the moment cancelled NBN in favour of live (where possible) news announcements. Yeah, the Dragonspear thing hit my inbox on Friday, but I wasn't able to get to it in time because of everything else that was going up that day. It sucks, but it does happen and I can only apologise.

We're working our way back up to regular reviews. February was unfortunately lean, but I've already got reviews for Hostage Negotiator, Tableoptia (although that might be a feature instead). Siege of Dragonspear and the new Holy Potatoes.

At the very least though, Out Now (in its new guise of The Weekender), will give you what impressions we can of new games. We won't be able to review everything, but it will get better as the year goes on and the sites start growing again.

Hope that helps, and thanks for sticking with us.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”