admin
Site Admin

The Best iOS & Android Board Games

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:30 pm

What are you best picks for board game and card games? As new games come out we'll be keeping this list constantly updated, so make sure you check back!

https://www.pockettactics.com/guides/be ... ard-games/

fiveolddogs

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:49 pm

I know Star Realms is cross-platform. Are any of the others?

GenghisSean

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:47 pm

I believe Twilight Struggle is cross-platform.

EICJoe

Re: <t>Pocket Tactics Presents: The Best iOS Board Games and Card Games (Android too!)</t>

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:57 pm

That is an excellent point - when we do refresh, I'll make sure that all the games featured are researched and we'll add a new line for it.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

biffpow

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:33 pm

Upvote for Joe's comment, and my compliments on a really great list : )

I would add to it:

--Lords of Waterdeep: Remains one of the best worker-placement games going, and the app is excellent. Beautifully designed, easy to use UI, and great tutorial. The async multiplayer works perfectly, and solo games are challenging.

--Ticket to Ride: Again, great UI and beautifully designed. They keep adding new maps with unique rules to keep the game fresh, and online games work well, with solo games being very challenging at times.

Terra Mystica would not have made my list because I found the tutorial to be not very helpful to someone who'd never played the board game (aka: Me). I think if you already know how to play, it's easier to figure out the app, but I regret the purchase, honestly.

EICJoe

Re: <t>Pocket Tactics Presents: The Best iOS Board Games and Card Games (Android too!)</t>

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:40 pm

One of the things we have picked up from the acquisition is a new strategy in terms of how we present our compendium articles. Essentially, this list will become a permanent fixture, and we'll refresh it over time as new games come out, existing games get updated etc...

But if you think of this like fashion, it'll never be 'done'. Honestly, there are so many great games out there there's no reason we can't have a rotating spotlight going, so even if a game ends up falling off the list (be it Terra Mystica, or Patchwork, or whatever), that doesn't mean it's no longer 'the best' - we're just giving someone else a place in the sun.

We'll be rolling out other similar articles like this to cover the core genres like TBS, RTS etc... so you can expect to see more of this and we'll keep trying to keep up with reviews as well.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Narkulus

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:27 am

Android has over 80% of the mobile phone market, yet still tacked on in parenthesis. The working man's phone getting no respect from the hipster phone. lol

Tulsy

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:16 pm

You forgot about Stone Age - great port of a great game.

pdoherty

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Caylus should have been on this list.

TheMightyHoplite

Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:08 am

My favorite is Neuroshima Hex.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”