admin
Site Admin

Review: Armello

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:00 pm

There was a time when it seemed that the only place you would find board games proudly on display would be at your local charity shop.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/armello/

Narkulus

Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:37 pm

I bought this on Steam several years ago it seems when it first entered early access. Just can't play it because of the zoom issue that the developers have refused to properly address. They say it would ruin the atmosphere and encourage meta-gaming (code word for strategizing).

biffpow

Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Nice review--answered a lot of my questions about the game, and it doesn't sound like I will be making space for it on the old ipad. It looks so pretty, though, I was very curious. I had hoped it would be more similar to Age of Wonders, the old PC game, which is what the layout sort of reminded me of for some reason.

"but the online environment is a completely different animal."--I see what you did there : )

mintsauce

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:43 am

It is pretty... in screenshots. In use, on an iPhone screen it's frustratingly fuzzy, even in daytime.

I was looking forward to this one, but having played through the tutorial, there's nothing that will make me come back.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”