admin
Site Admin

Farewell Faeria, we hardly knew ye: CCG/Board game hybrid cancels mobile version

Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:26 pm

We didn’t spot this before, but it seems Abrakam – developers of board game/CCG hybrid Faeria, is cancelling its mobile versions.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/f ... e-version/

butzopower

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Doesn't sound very good for Faeria, especially having to switch out of the F2P model. Unfortunate, as the gameplay is really good, and I love the art / theme. I played the iOS mobile beta last year, and it ran absolutely great and I played through a lot of the puzzles and single-player stuff, though I didn't spend any money on account of it being beta still. My guess is they are dropping a plan for mobile because it's either too costly to pay for mobile devs (though I'm pretty sure it's Unity, so I wouldn't expect it to be that much more costly), or they feel they can market better on desktop.

Lanster27

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:26 pm

I feel like they know they have a niche on the PC market, but in the crowded mobile market there's not a good chance they'll stand out. So better to abandon it then to give it a shot.

Feels bad man.

Suxel

Wed May 30, 2018 8:50 am

I was playing the game last week, and built a fresh new deck. I???ve been playing for over a year. And now all of a sudden I can???t log in. I???ve googled it and BAM! :( :(

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”