admin
Site Admin

<t>Pocket Tactics Presents: The Best Card Games</t>

Tue May 01, 2018 12:11 pm

We're on a power trip and no-one can stop us. First we told you what the best Board Games were, then we dared to dream of what the best turn-based...

http://www.pockettactics.com/guides/bes ... droid-ios/

Mgdpublic1

Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 pm

Ok this is bizarre. How are any of these puzzle games? What happened to this site over the last few months? Is there a new editor or something? Fewer reviews and posts - this place has gone downhill.

Mgdpublic1

Tue May 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Aha change the title on me

EICJoe

Re: <t>Pocket Tactics Presents: The Best Card Games</t>

Tue May 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Yeah sorry about that.

I was thinking of what the next guide we're going to do is, and for some reason that carried on to my hands as I was typing out the header for the article.

The stupid thing is everything else was correct - since I manually set the URL and did a bunch of tags and other stuff. Only the main title was wrong for a moment.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Mgdpublic1

Tue May 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Ha, no worries - everyone makes mistakes. I???d prob kept my mouth shut save for the last ???Best of Strategy Games??? showcasing games that in all but Civ 6???s case, were tactical.

TheMightyHoplite

Tue May 01, 2018 2:15 pm

Night of the Full Moon is my favorite.

Grudunza

Tue May 01, 2018 3:41 pm

Dream Quest x100. Still better than anything since, and its copycats.

TheMightyHoplite

Tue May 01, 2018 4:33 pm

The gameplay of Dream Quest is way too much depending on RNG.

Good card games are for thinkers rather than gamblers.

TheShoes76

Re:

Tue May 01, 2018 5:40 pm

The gameplay of Dream Quest is way too much depending on RNG.

Good card games are for thinkers rather than gamblers.
Poker might disagree with you :)

biffpow

Tue May 01, 2018 9:08 pm

@TheMightyHoplite: I am so glad to see someone else who states it like it is about Dream Quest. I have never gotten the appeal of that game. Great that it's so popular for a one-man op, that's awesome. It's just not for me.

@TheShoes76: Most people who really love Poker will admit that it has very little to do with playing a card game; it's about reading other people and playing odds. So I'm not sure it's actually a good card game. It's not whist, for example. Or maybe I just hate gambling.

This is a really nice list, though I find Pathfinder Adventures to be more like the game is playing me than I feel like I'm really "doing" anything. I go back to it periodically, hoping tat I've just been missing something, but no, same feeling every time.

Card City Nights does not get enough love. The game is really addictive and engrossing, and the atmosphere is completely unique. I like Reigns a lot, but I get why many people don't.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”