admin
Site Admin

E3 2018: Command & Conquer: Rivals Announced

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:50 am

It’s not often that E3 throws up anything truly interesting on mobile, but you can always count on EA to do something in this space.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/e ... announced/

Mirefox

Re: <t>E3 2018: Command & Conquer: Rivals Announced</t>

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:47 pm

I think it is about time we stop calling these abominations "games."

I, personally, don't have too many issues with the core concept of the game as described, and I don't even mind that it uses the Command & Conquer license. The problem is that we all know that gameplay will be a hollow husk aimed solely at spurring in-app purchases.

EICJoe

Re: <t>E3 2018: Command & Conquer: Rivals Announced</t>

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:20 pm

I think it is about time we stop calling these abominations "games."

I, personally, don't have too many issues with the core concept of the game as described, and I don't even mind that it uses the Command & Conquer license. The problem is that we all know that gameplay will be a hollow husk aimed solely at spurring in-app purchases.
Considering it's EA it could go either way at this point - they're already having to deal with a lot of backlash over the license alone, a F2P model that's too aggressive/cynical won't help either.

I was just reading an article on PocketGamer.biz about how there aren't going to be any more 'Go' franchise games anymore, at least, not on mobile. It's getting harder and harder for devs and pubs to summon the willpower to create a premium experience on mobile.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”