admin
Site Admin

Review: Motorsport Manager Mobile 3

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Racing drivers are notoriously difficult to work with. Their competitive personalities make them act like divas from time to time; while jealousy bubbles under the surface as teammates receive upgraded...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/mo ... -mobile-3/

Merlins

Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:09 am

I'm a big fan of all three versions of MM, but a couple of things about this version bug me immensely.

1) The set-up/qualifying aspect of the game is a huge step backwards in MM3 compared to the previous two (let alone the PC version). They've taken away any semblance of differentiation between cars and tracks and replaced it all with random dice rolls.

2) To upgrade your headquarters and purchase of new parts, you need to shell out some hard-earned prize winnings. You feel invested in the process and you're making active choices about when to spend and when to save. The supplier network, on the other hand, just feels like an unnecessary last-minute add-on with no discernible benefit or need to think through the when and why of your choices. It's "point-click-forget" and doesn't fit the feel of the rest of the game.

stelph

Re:

Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:16 am

I'm a big fan of all three versions of MM, but a couple of things about this version bug me immensely.

1) The set-up/qualifying aspect of the game is a huge step backwards in MM3 compared to the previous two (let alone the PC version). They've taken away any semblance of differentiation between cars and tracks and replaced it all with random dice rolls.
Interesting to see this aspect of it - personally from MM1 and MM2 the setup and qualifying always seemed not quite right - perviously the driver would say what they felt was a good set up, you'd try it and maybe tweak one or two things but never actually be sure if you got the right set up - experts experience, telemetry, track walks etc all help real teams work out the best set up and personally I like the new card system since it reflects this a bit more - and makes it easier to see if youve got the right set up or if you messed up

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”