admin
Site Admin

Pocket City is Out Today on iOS and Android

Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:26 pm

Nick’s been excited about Pocket City for ages and won’t stop bugging me about it. “Joe, when’s Pocket City out?” “Joe, do you know how awesome Pocket City is going...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/p ... ease-date/

anto

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:59 am

On Google Play there is also an Ads supported free version if anyone wants to try before buying ..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pocketcity

mintsauce

Re: <t>Pocket City is Out Today on iOS and Android</t>

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:36 am

First impressions are great - it does exactly what it says on the tin. It's a delight to play, really polished and some great small touches throughout.

My only misgivings are regarding performance and longevity. My iPhone 6 struggles somewhat when there is a lot of activity on screen, even with the FPS limit and detail turned down to medium (great to see that these are options though!). Regarding longevity, whilst it's been a lovely 'experience' thus far, there is little challenge to speak of yet, even on 'expert'. The quests are very much an (admittedly, very well written) ongoing tutorial..

It should still be an insta-purchase though, it is a gem of a game, from an obviously talented one-man band, with a lot of love for the genre. I really look forward to seeing how it develops.

On which note, I'd be very interested to hear more about the developer and the process of creation (it's written in HTML + JS!). As a starting point, the developer has a great blog.

mintsauce

Re: <t>Pocket City is Out Today on iOS and Android</t>

Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Reliability might also be an issue. Both of my cities, each with manual and auto saves have both disappeared without warning. Several hours of zoning and nurturing down the drain :(

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”