admin
Site Admin

The Weekender: The Final Edition?

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Welcome to the final installment of The Weekender. Yes, this is the very last edition and for those who have checked in weekly, and swung by for Out Now before...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/b ... 26th-2018/

Hustlertwo

Re: <t>The Weekender: The Final Edition?</t>

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:48 pm

The last Weekender? I hope that just means for Nick and not period. This is literally my favorite part about Pocket Tactics. Getting new releases and sales in one area is incredibly helpful.
Please check out my interactive fiction comedy Nuclear Powered Toaster, available on iOS, Google Play, Steam and Amazon!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... redtoaster

zealfish

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:24 pm

Same here, i love the weekend roundup and knowing what deals are live!

One note, Smallworld 2 is listed as iOS universal, and it is still iPad only, far as i know. (this is at least 3rd article i've left a note on about SM2 over last couple of years)

Hustlertwo

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Ditto for Darkest Dungeon. I was going to bite on it for iPhone when I saw it listed as Universal and only costing $.99, but it's nowhere to be found on the mobile iOS.
Please check out my interactive fiction comedy Nuclear Powered Toaster, available on iOS, Google Play, Steam and Amazon!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... redtoaster

NICKVIGDAHL

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:56 pm

Yeah, it's over. I got fired for getting Universal wrong too many times! (not really)

BoxCanMan

Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:05 pm

This is also my favorite content on PT - hopefully this continues!

acedout

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 pm

No, dont go!

ianboudreau

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:20 pm

Same here, i love the weekend roundup and knowing what deals are live!

One note, Smallworld 2 is listed as iOS universal, and it is still iPad only, far as i know. (this is at least 3rd article i've left a note on about SM2 over last couple of years)
Ditto for Darkest Dungeon. I was going to bite on it for iPhone when I saw it listed as Universal and only costing $.99, but it's nowhere to be found on the mobile iOS.
Thanks for the catches, gang! Those instances should be correct now.

tufty

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Nick, thanks for your coverage. I always checked in on Friday for the weekend update and I???ll miss it!

EICJoe

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:44 am

Hey Guys,

Sorry for not posting sooner, just a quick FYI on The Weekender.

So first off, this was Nick's final entry in our weekly update - he's not leaving; in the first instance we're going to trial a new monthly column that'll debut at the end of November. He'll probably do other things as well now that he's not solely focused on the update.

The Weekender itself will live on - we're going to be doing some experimenting at first - I know there are problems with lumping the sales together as many people find they run out soon after we post. I'm going to initially start being a bit more granular and timely with the same information. Depending on how that fare, the weekly update may still come back, but it'll probably be done by me and be slightly different.

Of course if none of that works we'll just pretend this was all a dream and keep things as they are :P but again you'll probably be seeing myself take up more of the slack.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”