admin
Site Admin

Diablo is coming to Mobile - But is this what you wanted?

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Do you know which article does surprisingly well for us? The one where we talk about the best games like Diablo on iOS and Android.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/d ... id-diablo/

Narkulus

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:15 pm

"Diablo is coming to Mobile - But is this what you wanted?"

For me it's a no. I'm just not a fan of mobile games that utilize virtual joysticks. For me, this kind of game is best played on PC and consoles, hence the backlash about this coming out instead of Diablo 4.

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:05 am

For me it's a no. I'm just not a fan of mobile games that utilize virtual joysticks. For me, this kind of game is best played on PC and consoles, hence the backlash about this coming out instead of Diablo 4.
Interesting- what would your version of a Diablo mobile game look like? I'm genuinely curious, as there are plenty of decent ARPGs already out that were trying to fill that Diablo void, that Immortal is still going to have to contend with.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Narkulus

Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 am

Interesting- what would your version of a Diablo mobile game look like? I'm genuinely curious, as there are plenty of decent ARPGs already out that were trying to fill that Diablo void, that Immortal is still going to have to contend with.
Honestly for me, I completely avoid action games on mobile and stick to puzzle and board game ports as they seem perfectly suited to a touchscreen format. The awkwardness of virtual controls deters me from playing anything that requires quick and accurate reactions. I guess maybe a bluetooth controller would solve that, but it's unlikely I'm going to carry one around everywhere I go.

I think Diablo Immortal would be great on the Switch and DS mobile platforms though.

trjp

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Long-time Diablo player here - this isn't what I wanted because I don't think ARPGs work on a phone or tablet

There have been TONNES of attempts to do this but they're all lacking - mostly because they're "press $$ to progress" games of course - and Netease are a PRIME offender.

Launching a non-Blizzard developed mobile game to people expecting a Blizzard developed PC game wasn't a smart move - won't affect the target market for this game (Asia) one bit but the damage done elsewhere will take some repair...

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”