admin
Site Admin

Review: Battle for Korsun

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:27 pm

Battle for Korsun is a turn-based 'lite' strategy wargame set during the Eastern Front of World War 2.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/ba ... orsun-ios/

EICJoe

Re: <t>Review: Battle for Korsun</t>

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:36 pm

In the past, when there was a game we'd review that had relevance across multiple sites, we'd simply cross-post the article in both places.

Turns out that's not a good thing for discoverability, as Google basically assumes one site has out-right copied the other, and so starts penalising.

Ideally, we'd do our own review for Korsun at some point but in the mean time I'm left with a choice:

* Basically do what I've just done here, so that you guys have something to read on a game you might potentially be interested in.

* Don't do anything at all. I feel it's wasted opportunity though.

Admittedly, I could just do a news post - there's a deliberate choice to fill out the reviews library here, but I'd like to think it's a small price to pay.

I'd be interested in knowing what readers think about this.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Wasp

Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:51 pm

What you have done seems the most practical way forward. I read all 3 sites though, so had picked up on this anyway..

zot23

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:44 pm

It might be nice to post a short summary of the review, like one paragraph in length. Things I'd be looking for:

* What kind of game is it (turn based, RPG, hexes?)
* Is it a good one
* Price / System
* Is it worth it for fans of the genre

G Mahler

Re: <t>Review: Battle for Korsun</t>

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:46 am

I wish they would increase the font size on the battle results window. So damn miniscule with so much wasted/empty space.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”