admin
Site Admin

Lunar New Year 2019 Mobile Sales

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 am

Plenty of cultures are celebrating the Lunar New Year at the moment, and since we’re having a break between content drops why not mark the occasion ourselves with some excellent...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/l ... s-android/

Mgdpublic1

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Would you guys mind putting the name of the game under the main picture? It was easy to figure out this time but in the past I've been pretty stumped and had to Google for screenshots. I've seen other people ask in the comments what the game pictured was so I don't think I'm the only one.

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Would you guys mind putting the name of the game under the main picture? It was easy to figure out this time but in the past I've been pretty stumped and had to Google for screenshots. I've seen other people ask in the comments what the game pictured was so I don't think I'm the only one.
You're not the only one to ask, but I always reply that I find it amusing to have people guess :) You're more than welcome to ask me in the comments (It's Eight Minute Empire, for anyone else who's wondering) and I'll reply straight away, but I'm not given the answer straight away.

There's no neat way to do it within the copy anyway.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

raindog308

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 am

"Would you guys mind putting the name of the game under the main picture?"

It's 8 Minute Empire.

Gosh, that WAS fun. Hoo, what a party.

"There's no neat way to do it within the copy anyway."

http://justintadlock.com/archives/2011/ ... -wordpress

"The [caption] shortcode in WordPress is a neat bit of functionality. It allows you to add captions to images."

https://codex.wordpress.org/Caption_Shortcode

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:59 am

Gosh, that WAS fun. Hoo, what a party.
See? Fun!

Also just to clarify - we have caption functionality, but not specifically for header images. We're also not a wordpress site.

I would have to just write something somewhere that says "Header image is X" which I've dabbled with before; it just sits there, out of place, and out of context and it annoys me. The only exceptions is when I need to specifically credit an image in the header.

So yes, it's a rather personally-driven imposition, but I would rather you guys just ask me and start up a dialogue if you want to know what the header image is.

I know, I know - SUCH a tyrant.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

BigD1701

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:26 pm

SteamWorld Heist, XCom, Civ 2 Rev and many others are on Sale

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”