admin
Site Admin

Apple announces premium subscription service Apple Arcade

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:26 am

Hot on the heels of all the fun-times of GDC, Apple seem keen to retake the initiative on mobile gaming, or at least, the conversation around mobile gaming.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/a ... announced/

Rnobee

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:42 am

I'm in. I paid too much premium games that still I didn't play yet, just to support devs. Having a subscription service is ok to me since it is not more than the premium fee of one game a month. What's great here is you can try many different premium title at any time, giving the time you want to any of it without caring about the bill. It is a great opportunity for players. I don't have the data to tell if or not it will be a good path for premium publisher. But I guess for many it will be a relaunch of their business.

G Mahler

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:17 pm

I am primarily a board game app, card driven app, turn based Strategy/RPG app and Sport management app player, so I doubt there will be enough of my type of games available to justify the cost. It will be a wait and see for me.

raindog308

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:36 pm

I'm out. For three reasons:

First, I need another monthly subscription like I need a hole in the head. I hate subscriptions.

Second, the games look lame from my wargamer/4X/strategy gamer perspective.

And finally, I don't trust want to reward a company that knee-jerk removes Confederate flags from their app store, even from Civil War wargames. This is from someone who has two Macs, an iPad, an iPhone, and a house full of other iOS devices. Like Apple products, and certainly do a lot of iOS gaming. But I haven't forgotten.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”