admin
Site Admin

Battalion 1944 Review

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:19 am

Call of Duty 2 released so long ago, the series has left WW2, gone 'Black Ops', come back to WW, and now is leaving it again with a reboot of...

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/battalion-1944/

dalec

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:13 am

Been a PC wargamer for twenty five years and I have yet to play a human online in anything. I wonder if I am in the minority on this one? I suspect I am, however once I read in the article no single player I stopped and just glossed through the rest (well written article though).

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:24 am

Been a PC wargamer for twenty five years and I have yet to play a human online in anything. I wonder if I am in the minority on this one? I suspect I am, however once I read in the article no single player I stopped and just glossed through the rest (well written article though).
I doubt you're a minority, a game like this is a 'fringe' topic from the wargamer perspective. It's a game about war, and that's about as much as you can say about it... and I daresay there are better examples of this kind of game that may engage people like us a bit better.

I like to keep on top of stuff like this though every now and then because wargaming doesn't have to just be about the traditional topics or traditional types of game design.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”