admin
Site Admin

Review: Super Tribes

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:04 pm

This last week I have been spending a significant amount of time building small and short-lived empires on my iPhone.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... er-tribes/

dwtheriault

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Mt view is this is a 4.9 game with eh only issue is I wish I had the option of playing past the 30 turn limit and destroying, I mean peacebly coexist with, my neighbor. I'm sure the game would turn into a game of attrition but the mechanics of the game are simple and given to the one-more-turn feeling.

Neumannium

Re:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:06 pm

I wish I had the option of playing past the 30 turn limit
That's a great idea!

pixelgeek

Re:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Mt view is this is a 4.9 game with eh only issue is I wish I had the option of playing past the 30 turn limit and destroying, I mean peacebly coexist with, my neighbor.
I think that part of the appeal of the game is the limited game length. That said, I would also like the option to set a longer game length. It might be better if that went hand in hand with a larger world, more enemies etc
Pocket Tactics staff writer and Forum Moderator.

IdleMerc

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:14 pm

I've been playing this game non-stop since first seeing about it at this site. The hard stop at 0 turns left real adds a strong dynamic to the game; I so often want 'just one more turn', but also appreciate the strategic element of maximizing my score before time runs out. I would like some greater degree of customization (maybe options of 30, 40 or 50 turns with higher bonuses tied to the shorter game length). Also being able to have larger maps and playing all 5 tribes at once would be an interesting challenge. I second the notion of have a record of my scores, that is a good idea. I purchased the 5th tribe, not out of a need for the variety but for wanting to show my appreciation to the developers for this game.

Mirefox

Re: Review: Super Tribes

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Would a game like this work with multiplayer? I like it well enough as it is, but I can't help but wonder what it would be like as a game against my friends. The high score dynamic could be a game changer as so often the 4x genre is about getting bigger faster and wiping out everyone else. A multiplayer version of this game would be about being more efficient in the limited amount of time you have against others.

I'm not asking for change or complaining that this isn't a feature of the game, just wondering what multiplayer could bring to the table.

Finandir

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Great review. The game sounds pretty interesting and I managed to miss it when it released. I'll have to pick it up.

I really like 4X games of this type and the time limit/puzzle nature of the game seems to be an interesting twist. I would agree with most people here that having some extra time limit options might be a good idea. Hopefully they can add something like this in an update.

pixelgeek

Re: Review: Super Tribes

Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:55 am

Would a game like this work with multiplayer?
The turns are completed quite quickly so it seems like a non-optimal multi-player game.
Pocket Tactics staff writer and Forum Moderator.

LordGek

Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:23 am

Grr, a perfect little game except for the bit where you can't even see your own top local scores.

LordGek

Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:26 am

Sorry, strike that, your top score is tracked in GC but there doesn't seem to be a way to see it in game.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”