admin
Site Admin

Review: 7 Mages

Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Even in this Age of Information and social connectedness, it still happens sometimes. With no warning, no hype beforehand, 7 Mages crept onto the digital platforms as quietly as the...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-7-mages/

Js619

Re: Review: 7 Mages

Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:07 pm

I downloaded this and played for a bit the other day, but the gesture movement was absolutely killing me. For some reason, the left and right swipes seem backwards (?) to me, and I even found it confounding after switching it in the settings. I'd end up doing three right turns instead of a left and vice versa - super frustrating. I'll have to try it with the arrow keys enabled or whatever they're called.

Also agree with you on the hunger mechanic - I hate that so much in an RPG. This isn't Don't Starve, for heaven's sake.

Other than that, great game so far and highly recommended for fans of the genre.

Kitchener

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:52 am

I'm so glad that I persisted with this game.
At first I HATED it and I do believe the starting crypt is a proper pain in the ass.
The turn based combat system really falls apart when you try playing with a solo mage with only one action per turn (you get two actions per turn at 30 speed).
And to get through the crypt comfortably I had to "cheat" liberally by flinging fireballs at enemies outside of combat range.
But once you start teaming up with the other 6 mages things quickly become spectacular.
Truly an amazing RPG, highly recommended.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”