admin
Site Admin

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is free-to-play. How is that shaping up?

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:52 pm

If the world was fair, we'd all be playing Pathfinder Adventure Card Game on our iPads and I'd be able to charge my kids rent.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/pathf ... haping-up/

iBaLkiD

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:01 pm

Hmm, 25 bucks for all the content? Sounds great! Compared to what i spent on the physical game thats a frak'n bargain!

What does a season pass mean tho? i lose access to all the content after a period of time?

tucktheproducer

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:54 pm

Normally a "Season Pass" just covers content over whatever the length of a "season" is - anything from a couple months to a couple years. You get to keep the content you've received during the period of the Season Pass, but you don't get any new content when it expires.

Kolbex

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:55 pm

That's generally just a piece of relic terminology from iTunes/Amazon TV land, where you can purchase individual episodes of a show or the entire season at once. For most games (correct me if I am wrong) it just means you pay one price up front for all future DLC. I don't pay much attention to games with pricing models like this (which these days is most of them), but I have not yet heard of games having content "seasons" where you pay for such a pass more than once or have access to content for only a limited time, etc.

MetaKirby

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:33 am

$25 seems like a bargain compared to the physical game. You pay that much just for the base game on sale. Assuming the game plays well, my only hesitation would be whether having everything immediately unlocked would diminish my overall play time, since I wouldn't necessarily need to grind.

On the flip side, that's potentially pretty grindy. A 2 character game uses 4 locations, which probably average 3.5 monsters each. Assuming you killed every monster and henchman (unlikely) and closed every location, a normal scenario would be worth 144 gold. 4000 gold for the later adventure paths would be a lot to grind out. Plus you'll probably want at least one other character at some point. I guess your characters will pretty much have their pick of equipment by the end, though you can't level up by replaying scenarios.

iBaLkiD

Re:

Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:50 pm

Normally a "Season Pass" just covers content over whatever the length of a "season" is - anything from a couple months to a couple years. You get to keep the content you've received during the period of the Season Pass, but you don't get any new content when it expires.

Thats what i was hoping for. Thats super great news, thanks!

Duranki

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:46 pm

Apologies if this question has been addressed in past discussion of the game, but what else is gold used for, aside from purchasing extra adventures and characters?

Neumannium

Re:

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Apologies if this question has been addressed in past discussion of the game, but what else is gold used for, aside from purchasing extra adventures and characters?
Good question! I was going to post this in the article, but forgot because I'm a dummy.

Just reading the forums I came upon this from what appears to be a beta tester: "There is still benefit for gold if you get the season pass, though - treasure chests. These contain *other* cards, although I'm not real clear on what those cards are, or how this process works in practice. "

So, it appears gold is still useful...just not sure what for at this point.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”