admin
Site Admin

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game finally arrives on the App Store

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:55 pm

It's been a long time coming but Paizo's role-playing card game, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, has finally made its way to the App Store and Google Play (or maybe not...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/pathf ... app-store/

Baelnor

Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:03 pm

Wow fantastic! I will download this as soon as I get home and get my ipad.

There is no annoying online requirement is there?

MetaKirby

Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Yay! It's here, and it definitely feels like Pathfinder Adventures!

I went through the first tutorial scenario. The UI seems to be laid out fairly well, though I'm not sure how confusing it will be to someone who's never played the physical game before. It seemed like they skimmed some parts pretty lightly and didn't explain some of the core concepts very well. Hopefully newcomers will be able to figure things out without too much fuss!

geigerm

Re:

Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:29 pm

Wow fantastic! I will download this as soon as I get home and get my ipad.

There is no annoying online requirement is there?
It looks like you need to be online to earn gold, so while a connection isn't strictly required, it sure seems like a good idea.

halfvoid

Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:38 pm

If you're planning on buying the Season pass for the full Rise of the Runelords bundle, online connection isn't really needed unless you wanna stock up on gold to get stuff from the next set (which will probably be a while off).

MetaKirby

Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Caralon

Re: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game finally arrives on the App Store

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:29 am

Any hope of this coming for phone as well? I always wish you guys could find out about that - I find a lot more value from games I can play on my phone.

Niallism

Re: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game finally arrives on the App Store

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:00 am

Well I'm trying to be baffled rather than infuriated by the IAP system. When I DLed it everything was one gold, so I tentatively bought the Daily Gold pack (200 gold/day). Very cheap, but then it updated and the prices are so high that I would have to use Daily Gold for months just to buy one pack.

I also have a free treasure chest that won't open. And the price for the 'season pass' is 3000 yen - what's that, maybe $25?

This seems like a bit of a clusterfuck. I mostly play on my loooong train journeys to work, so that would be offline.

I shall wait and see. Not impressed at all so far, and a less desirable game would have been deleted already.

EDIT: These issues and more, eg buying the season pass and having it disappear, or gold prices changing to -1 gold, have been noted on the official forums. No idea if they are happening to everyone or just some people, but it does seem that this release is very very buggy.

MetaKirby

Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:46 am

Apparently their servers are off to a rocky start. On Android I'm getting frequent playfab disconnect errors. As Niallism mentioned, sometimes the gold costs in the store are showing as -1 gold, which is just broken (seeing this on iOS and Android). There's also a few posts in the tech forums of people who purchased something but it didn't unlock correctly or disappeared.

Personally I think the content is priced okay (daily gold pack is cheap, but not really worth it considering you get 100+ just for a scenario clear). Doesn't really matter at the moment considering you can't really accumulate or spend it while the servers are glitching, though.

Yes the season pass is $25 USD, but that feels like a bargain compared to the $200+ you'd pay if you bought the physical game with the same content.

FYI, the Android version plays really well in emulated form. I tried it in both BlueStacks and AMIDuOS. The Google Play store does let me install the game on my Nexus smartphone, so it seems like the Android restrictions are pretty light. I don't see how you're going to be able to effectively play the game on a phone, though. The card text will be way too small. iOS appears to be iPad only.

hardco

Re:

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:58 am

Yay! It's here, and it definitely feels like Pathfinder Adventures!

I went through the first tutorial scenario. The UI seems to be laid out fairly well, though I'm not sure how confusing it will be to someone who's never played the physical game before. It seemed like they skimmed some parts pretty lightly and didn't explain some of the core concepts very well. Hopefully newcomers will be able to figure things out without too much fuss!
I played through the tutorial, and I don't really know what was going on, or have much of a sense of how to approach the next mission... I'm thinking I'll just have to read the rulebook.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”