admin
Site Admin

Review: Pathfinder Adventures

Mon May 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Pathfinder Adventures has arrived on our tablets at long last, and it's wonderful. For those with an interest in genealogy, Obsidian Entertainment has delivered to us a digital evolution of...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... dventures/

acedout

Mon May 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Only 5% remaining - someone's been playing this game hard! ;)

Pitta

Re: Review: Pathfinder Adventures

Mon May 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Great review!!!!

My GOTY contender too...actually I'm surprised myself I'm liking the game so much considering I wasn't even that crazy about the card game.
But as a solo game it works so well on iPad.

Funny my only initial quirk with the game was mentioned by the review too.
I also found odd at first seeing how the characters can aid each other at distance...I'm now just pretending I'm reading story tidbits chronologically messed up and the party went together in each location....makes more sense to me.

What I love most is deck persistence after a bit...the character decks you managed to create really feel like your P&P characters...and I often agonize on the idea of banishing a heal potion or some other item...

Great stuff.

Snarvid

Mon May 09, 2016 6:41 pm

As I noted in a post in another PT story, I lost all progress in Quest mode and had a party of 4 lovingly nicknamed 8th level characters vanish. So the reports of Quest mode's viability may be overstated, or at least have proved so for me. I sent an e-mail to Obsidian support, and my previous e-mail to them was answered, so don't let their website's denial of having a support department put you off sending them bug reports.

None of which invalidates this game, which I think is great. But until they release another patch for Quest Mode, caveat questor.

torm3ntin

Mon May 09, 2016 7:17 pm

Now that i saw your 5/5 i can go back and read the review.

I wouldn't accept less. I have never,ever been so addicted to a game for a LOOOOOOOONNNNNG time. Last time i remember was xcom on ipad.

rinelk

Re:

Mon May 09, 2016 7:31 pm

As I noted in a post in another PT story, I lost all progress in Quest mode and had a party of 4 lovingly nicknamed 8th level characters vanish. So the reports of Quest mode's viability may be overstated, or at least have proved so for me. I sent an e-mail to Obsidian support, and my previous e-mail to them was answered, so don't let their website's denial of having a support department put you off sending them bug reports.

None of which invalidates this game, which I think is great. But until they release another patch for Quest Mode, caveat questor.
Well, I left the final line in the review by accident--it was a holdover from before the update, and I just missed it. Apparently the fates are once again messing with Pathfinder, though, as it does apparently still apply.

pfail

Mon May 09, 2016 8:08 pm

Anyone know of plans for this to go iOS universal? I've been tracking this game since it was announced, and am sorely disappointed to find out it's iPad-only. Though maybe it's for the best, as I'm sure it would be impossible for me to put this down.

geigerm

Mon May 09, 2016 10:01 pm

Pitta asked basically the same question to the devs on Twitter ("Any timeframe for the iOS version going universal?") and their response was, "Not yet, but we'll keep you all posted."

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/728986205296041984

Pitta

Mon May 09, 2016 10:02 pm

Obsidian told me the universal build will arrive 'soon' (the devs meaning of soon is debatable tough).
On Android you can already install the game on phones.

rinelk

Tue May 10, 2016 2:43 am

Well, nuts. I just hit my first post-update bug. At the end of a victorious quest, my fighter dude is about to receive a new card, and the animation of the card swooping in plays--and then reverses. It's an absolutely comical "Yoink!" moment, which almost tickles my delight in the absurd enough to forgive the fact that the game is then frozen.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”