admin
Site Admin

Review: Ticket to Ride

Mon May 16, 2016 3:21 pm

I have often said of my wife, who met me long before I was fit company: it's not that she meets my standard of beauty, rather, she helped define the...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... t-to-ride/

Mirefox

Re: Review: Ticket to Ride

Mon May 16, 2016 3:36 pm

The much-anticipated universal update nearly tanked the game. I can't even remember the laundry list of bugs and complaints. I haven't even bothered to play much since the update due to their removal of local Bluetooth play. I haven't been paying close attention to all the subsequent updates, so I am assuming that, based on this review, the game is basically functional and back to its good old self? Or probably asked in a better way, if I were picking this up for the first time knowing nothing about the past versions, I would be playing a good game with little to complain about from the technical side?

rinelk

Mon May 16, 2016 7:50 pm

I got one bug during scoring of an online game, but otherwise, it seemed solid. A single person's sample size is always going to be small, though.

whovian223

Tue May 17, 2016 12:45 am

I still occasionally have a player replaced by a bot even though their time limit isn't up.

But otherwise, I do really enjoy this one.

JammaTal

Tue May 17, 2016 8:56 pm

but async still a mess.
we can only try to get an open async lobby game started in real time , which imho is a bad joke.
all my trials failed, of course. for once i have waited on for nearly half an hour, but not enough interest.
when i left the game opening, it was gone.
the DoW guys seem to know nothing about the nature of async gaming.
an async opening would need to stay for some days to collect interested players. but no.

regarding friendly invites me and my gamegroup of friends gave up on getting async games started.
for most tries one or two players did not get the invitation. and they could not see the created game in "resume".
for being able to play one or two games we had to leave players behind. and it took longer to get it started than to play it.
4 or 5 invitations sent by different players for one success.

gimme back the old TtR pocket app! it looked kind of ugly on the ipad, but async was functioning.
we even played TtR tournaments here on PT. seems like impossible now.

and yes, it happened to some of us too: replaced by a bot with days of play time left on the clock :x

rinelk

Wed May 18, 2016 2:27 am

Man, that's disappointing. I'm sorry to hear it.

xgamerms999

Fri May 20, 2016 8:19 pm

One of the recent updates to the iOS version brought back Bluetooth multiplayer!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”