CrowBF

Re: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game finally arrives on the App Store

Sun May 01, 2016 8:07 am

Morning you lot! Crow from the ol' PT (BF extension to my name as just Crow was already taken over here).
Anyways, this game has been good enough to get me to register and post so that says something.
Earnt enough yesterday to buy the 80% off pack and also unlock Quest Mode. I'm having the same issue some others are having with Quert locking up on the way in. Devs on their forums say they have an internal fix that will be released for this.
I suspect I will buy bits in the end but gaming funds are a bit challenged at the moment so I wondered if any of the old hands at this game had suggestions of which next character or two to pick up if you were doing it via gold (or anything else they think should be acquired).

geigerm

Sun May 01, 2016 12:19 pm

What a terrible week for me for this game to come out--I'm slammed with work. I shouldn't have even played the tutorial, because now I'd really like to play more, but I know full well that a plan to play for fifteen minutes will turn into a three hour session I can't afford. Keeps me from spending the $25 right away, I guess!

souldan

Sun May 01, 2016 4:11 pm

i'm loving this game.

If anyone is having the dice rolling issue when health is low (i was so l looked it up) then the fix is to turn the effects off in the settings.

It did the trick for me

Pitta

Sun May 01, 2016 5:29 pm

I think I finally found a worthy successor to Elder Sign: Omens as my favorite digital boardgame in Pathfinder.

There are some annoying bugs that need to be ironed out (most notably I can't access quest mode, everything else is minor and bypassable) but generally it is really awesome.
More importantly, mechanically is so elegant and right up my alley I'm really puzzled I didn't enjoy this much even the real life card version.
When you finally get all the rules right (it's not difficult but the tutorial could be better) game flows really well and there are so many interesting choices and synergies it's mind blowing.

I just have no idea how Obsidian will make money out of this, the model is not only super generous but I'm not sure I even like the idea to have everything at my disposal out of the bat.
I like a lot to sweat and earn my cards...and when I must decide what to banish it's really super tense.

By the time I completed the free part, I had enough money to get the first real scenario (currently 80% off).
I've now completed that too, unlocked an additional character and I'm now ready to buy the last a aisle scenario.
And due to a bug, I can't even play quest mode (to get additional money).

I'll probably buy the big bundle anyway to support them hoping for more campaigns, but only after I'll unlocked it on my own.

Mirefox

Sun May 01, 2016 9:04 pm

I think I finally found a worthy successor to Elder Sign: Omens as my favorite digital boardgame in Pathfinder.

There are some annoying bugs that need to be ironed out (most notably I can't access quest mode, everything else is minor and bypassable) but generally it is really awesome.
More importantly, mechanically is so elegant and right up my alley I'm really puzzled I didn't enjoy this much even the real life card version.
When you finally get all the rules right (it's not difficult but the tutorial could be better) game flows really well and there are so many interesting choices and synergies it's mind blowing.

I just have no idea how Obsidian will make money out of this, the model is not only super generous but I'm not sure I even like the idea to have everything at my disposal out of the bat.
I like a lot to sweat and earn my cards...and when I must decide what to banish it's really super tense.

By the time I completed the free part, I had enough money to get the first real scenario (currently 80% off).
I've now completed that too, unlocked an additional character and I'm now ready to buy the last a aisle scenario.
And due to a bug, I can't even play quest mode (to get additional money).

I'll probably buy the big bundle anyway to support them hoping for more campaigns, but only after I'll unlocked it on my own.
While I, like you, don't mind grinding for content, what I decided to do is buy the bundle and just horde all my gold in the hopes that they release the other base sets someday and I've got a pile of gold to spend on all-new content.

Pitta

Sun May 01, 2016 9:13 pm

If you buy the bundle, do you have everything at your disposal when making the char decks?

I'm now replying everything to make my brand new warrior (I *love* him) on par with the other chars...and I really like finding new things, tweak my decks, bit by bit as the old D&D days.

Btw, adding a third char to the party made things even more awesome.

It really doesn't feel grinding...it feels adventuring (oh the thrill of a never seen card!!! The thrill of a forced banish!!!)

Mysterio

Sun May 01, 2016 11:21 pm

If you buy the bundle, do you have everything at your disposal when making the char decks?
When you first assemble a party, you're allowed to use only the Basic cards in the B(ase) and C(haracter) decks.

When playing B scenarios, Location decks will contain only cards from the B/C decks.

When playing A(dventure)1 (cards with 1 instead of B/C on them) scenarios, Location decks may contain cards from the B/C and A1 decks.

When playing A2 scenarios, Location decks may contain cards from the B/C , A1, and A2 decks.

When you purchase the bundle, all cards will be available in your Gallery. But the cards included in a Location deck is defined as those from the adventure you're going to play, plus two levels below that. For example, when playing an A3 scenario (once released), it's A3, A2, and A1; B/C cards will not be included. So even though you've unlocked cards from A3 through A6, you won't see them in Location decks until the respective adventure scenarios are released.

I think I have all of that right. :)
Last edited by Mysterio on Sun May 01, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mirefox

Sun May 01, 2016 11:28 pm

I could be wrong but aren't the cards in the treasure chests unique? I assume if they are, you don't have access to them even when buying the bundle?

Mirefox

Sun May 01, 2016 11:30 pm

I'm curious what party sizes you all like to use? I've always run with 2 characters since my days of playing the tabletop game solo, but I might just go for it and start up a 6-character party.

Mysterio

Sun May 01, 2016 11:39 pm

I could be wrong but aren't the cards in the treasure chests unique? I assume if they are, you don't have access to them even when buying the bundle?
Cards from treasure chests appear in your Gallery with a giant question mark as their art until you find one in a chest. The name is always shown, but not the art and text until you loot it from a treasure chest. I think they're original cards created by Obsidian with the devs blessing.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”