admin
Site Admin

Castles of Mad King Ludwig Due to Arrive Tomorrow

Mon May 23, 2016 4:37 pm

A week ago we learned that Jeremiah Maher, the developer of the digital port of Ted Alspach's The Castles of Mad King Ludwig, would be submitting the app to Apple...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/castl ... -tomorrow/

dwtheriault

Re: Castles of Mad King Ludwig Due to Arrive Tomorrow

Mon May 23, 2016 4:48 pm

This will be a Day 1, instant buy for me.

LordGek

Mon May 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Same here. Curious though, are all players making their own castles or taking turns working on a single castle?

Snotty128

Mon May 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Im crushed this doesnt have online multiplayer, but given how long it took them to squash the multiplayer bugs in suburbia, I guess I can understand their reluctance to do that again

Js619

Mon May 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Im crushed this doesnt have online multiplayer, but given how long it took them to squash the multiplayer bugs in suburbia, I guess I can understand their reluctance to do that again
Agreed. I love the physical Suburbia and was very excited for the app... but those bugs....

Mirefox

Mon May 23, 2016 8:35 pm

I don't know if I can ever again see myself buying a digital board game without multiplayer ever again unless it has a great .99 price. I'm not interested in a campaign; there are enough story-based and progression-based games out there that will give me a campaign better than a board game will. And I couldn't care less about pass-and-play because hell will freeze over before I gather people together for a board game and pass a tablet around; as long as I actually own board games, they will always hit the table because they are a much better social experience. Sorry Mad King Ludvig, you'll probably never have a spot on my devices.

Now to be a complete hypocrite and go play another scenario in Pathfinder that is, for reasons, immune to my criticism.

currymutton2016

Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 am

Is it the same developer as Suburbia iOS port? Cause I find both titles often appearing together...

I fire up Suburbia yesterday to find that the single player is still buggy...

[Edit] Ah, this is from Bézier Games, good, must read reviews before purchase.[/Edit]
Last edited by currymutton2016 on Tue May 24, 2016 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

whovian223

Tue May 24, 2016 12:57 am

They still haven't quashed all the bugs, unless I've been bitten by one that hasn't hit many people.

I still can't do an async game.

currymutton2016

Tue May 24, 2016 1:47 am

They still haven't quashed all the bugs, unless I've been bitten by one that hasn't hit many people.

I still can't do an async game.
Suburbia has not been updated for over a year. I have very little hope the multiplayer will work any more.

jaluth

Tue May 24, 2016 8:05 am

Speaking of suburbs, you know what could be awesome in digital form? Quadropolis.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”