Farmer Harv

Re: Review: Heroes of Normandie

Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:40 pm

No screen rotation? Seriously? How did this simple item not get implemented? My case holds my iPad one way on the table, and HoN is most inconveniently upside down right now.

And no, standing on my head isn't a good long term option, and neither is getting a different case/removing it from the case etc. when this is the only app I have that doesn't rotate properly.

acedout

Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:49 pm

The new disclaimer is welcome and noted. Thanks.

Mysterio

Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:32 pm

No screen rotation? Seriously? How did this simple item not get implemented?
Yeah, this needs to be fixed. The app launches upside-down and is immune to device rotation. Please fix, devs. :)

Alex Connolly

Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:09 am

Hi guys. Sorry about the delay, time differences and whatnot.
So I'm assuming the Rogue Mode, if the same as the Steam version, features NO randomization of maps or units setup?
No, it doesn't, in either German or Axis campaigns.
How many players asynchronous?
Two, I do believe.
Is it true the game lacks proper iOS notifications in async multiplayer?
It's a HUGE bummer for me and a big oversight on mobile imho.
That's what ruined the new Battle of the Bulge too (among the other things).
I got email notifications, but wasn't sure if proper iOS notifications would be part of the test build or not. But yeah, hopefully it can be patched in.
No screen rotation? Seriously? How did this simple item not get implemented? My case holds my iPad one way on the table, and HoN is most inconveniently upside down right now.

And no, standing on my head isn't a good long term option, and neither is getting a different case/removing it from the case etc. when this is the only app I have that doesn't rotate properly.
I didn't even think to check that, Harv. Just used to playing on the phone and Mini in my lap, not noticing the orientation lock. Sorry. Sure it can be patched in.

SackTheJuggler

Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:33 am

I was all set to buy this until I saw the price. Ouch.

EICJoe

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:24 am

The new disclaimer is welcome and noted. Thanks.
Not a problem - it's important we're upfront about this. I keep forgetting to add it in though, past couple of times I've had to go back 5 mins after publishing and add it in >.<
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Mythbuster

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:44 am

Right now I cannot purchase the DLC! When will I be able to purchase it?
This post may not be reproduced without prior written permission.
Copyright (c) 1967-2016. All rights reserved to make me feel special. :-)

EICJoe

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:01 am

Right now I cannot purchase the DLC! When will I be able to purchase it?
AFAIK it comes with the 'US Rangers' DLC included in the main game, so that content should already be in there. Someone who knows what's in that DLC though will need to confirm - no other DLCs are currently available for the iOS version, however in our interview the devs mentioned which DLCs should be coming next, and they should be coming "soon".
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

currymutton2016

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:22 am

Hi guys. Sorry about the delay, time differences and whatnot.
So I'm assuming the Rogue Mode, if the same as the Steam version, features NO randomization of maps or units setup?
No, it doesn't, in either German or Axis campaigns.
So, would anyone please explain what "rogue" mode is?

Trigati

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:43 am

Mythbuster wrote:Right now I cannot purchase the DLC! When will I be able to purchase it?
AFAIK it comes with the 'US Rangers' DLC included in the main game, so that content should already be in there. Someone who knows what's in that DLC though will need to confirm - no other DLCs are currently available for the iOS version, however in our interview the devs mentioned which DLCs should be coming next, and they should be coming "soon".
It's not. I just tried a skirmish game and the Ranger items were tagged with a green "DLC" ribbon and the game sent me to the in app store to look over/buy the Ranger pack. Of course, the in app store just says "connecting to app store" and never does. So, some confirmation as to whether Rangers should indeed be included or if not, why the IAP isn't working would be great.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”