EICJoe

Re:

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:48 am

Mythbuster wrote:Right now I cannot purchase the DLC! When will I be able to purchase it?
AFAIK it comes with the 'US Rangers' DLC included in the main game, so that content should already be in there. Someone who knows what's in that DLC though will need to confirm - no other DLCs are currently available for the iOS version, however in our interview the devs mentioned which DLCs should be coming next, and they should be coming "soon".
It's not. I just tried a skirmish game and the Ranger items were tagged with a green "DLC" ribbon and the game sent me to the in app store to look over/buy the Ranger pack. Of course, the in app store just says "connecting to app store" and never does. So, some confirmation as to whether Rangers should indeed be included or if not, why the IAP isn't working would be great.
So the only information I have to go on is this news story from official Matrix Website, near the bottom:
The game is being released with its first DLC, US Rangers, and you can expect more content to be released in the future.
I interpreted it as I did above, but if the content is being displayed as you say, I will go ask someone about it now, see what's going on.

FYI - those worried about the price of HoN, keep an eye on the site today, you're in for a treat!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Trigati

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 am

I was all set to buy this until I saw the price. Ouch.
It's half the price of the PC version while being the exact same game. It's portable on iOS and can connect with players on the PC as well. It's cheaper than other full blown wargames (like Panzer General, etc).

Honestly, the price is perfectly fine for a premium game whose only IAPs are expansion packs and not timer cooldowns, coins, or other freemium crap.

Alex Connolly

Re: Review: Heroes of Normandie

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 am

Hi guys. Sorry about the delay, time differences and whatnot.
So I'm assuming the Rogue Mode, if the same as the Steam version, features NO randomization of maps or units setup?
No, it doesn't, in either German or Axis campaigns.
So, would anyone please explain what "rogue" mode is?
It's a mode of linear missions with unit carry over. Each mission you win, you receive more gold to pay for more units to expand your army. Difference is, if you lose a mission, your progress is wiped and you start from the first mission again. Indiscriminate difficulty, largely meant for players who've gone through the normal campaigns and feel familiar enough with the systems.

Hope that helps.

Trigati

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:52 am

FYI - those worried about the price of HoN, keep an eye on the site today, you're in for a treat!
Ugh, is there seriously going to be a sale so soon? I just bought the game like 5 hours ago. Why wasn't the game just released at a 'special discounted release price' or something if the plan was a price reduction not even a day after hitting the app store?

EICJoe

Re:

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:06 am

Ugh, is there seriously going to be a sale so soon? I just bought the game like 5 hours ago. Why wasn't the game just released at a 'special discounted release price' or something if the plan was a price reduction not even a day after hitting the app store?
It's not a sale
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

ImInnocent

Re:

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:07 am

Yeah I also find this a little irritating since buying it at its introductory price and less than 24 hours later the app may get reduced because of some whiners who are upset they are having to pay for a digital version that costs only a 1/3 of the cost of the physical version. Not a great marketing plan by Slitherine to their most loyal buyers.

EICJoe

Re: Re:

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:11 am

Yeah I also find this a little irritating since buying it at its introductory price and less than 24 hours later the app may get reduced because of some whiners who are upset they are having to pay for a digital version that costs only a 1/3 of the cost of the physical version. Not a great marketing plan by Slitherine to their most loyal buyers.
No really, it's not a sale!
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Trigati

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:17 am

Ah-hah! Well, that's cool then.

ImInnocent

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:30 am

Ok, I am good with that, could it be some free DLC for the game if you bought it at the current price? :D

EICJoe

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:41 am

Ok, I am good with that, could it be some free DLC for the game if you bought it at the current price? :D
Well, I'm still trying to find out what's happened with the Rangers DLC, but that' all that's available for the iOS game right now, and it wouldn't represent an 'equivalent' prize. Sorry! You can always win the voucher for a friend though?
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”