john_l

Re: Sliding to DEFCON 1: Twilight Struggle tournament thread

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:00 pm

How does this look? Any suggestions?
Looks good! Thank you for picking this up. I'm john1325 on challonge. Russians send the invite?

doublebullout

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Looks good! Thank you for picking this up. I'm john1325 on challonge. Russians send the invite?
Yes.

I'll add challonge usernames to the bracket. Post here or send me a PM. :)

Snotty128

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Thanks for doing the work on that doublebullout. It might be worth contacting players individually and see who comes back. Perhaps a cut off of 2 weeks, then all unpaired players get paired with each other? Im happy to send messages later in my day if someone doesnt beat me to it.

As much as I hate to admit it, I dont think I should be ussr in my match up. This would have me playing ussr twice in a row, and sleepingiant playing the us twice in a row. Perhaps in these cases its easy and obvious for the players to work it out.

irishdomer08

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Same for my match with doublebullout.

I think doublebullout should be USA and myself USSR. That will let us switch it up from round 1.

Thanks for organizing!

JMH.75

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:27 pm

Yes.

I'll add challonge usernames to the bracket. Post here or send me a PM. :)
I'm JMH75 (without the dot) on challonge.

whovian223

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:35 pm

I'm whovian223 on Challonge

SleepingGiant

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:27 am

Thanks for doing the work on that doublebullout. It might be worth contacting players individually and see who comes back. Perhaps a cut off of 2 weeks, then all unpaired players get paired with each other? Im happy to send messages later in my day if someone doesnt beat me to it.

As much as I hate to admit it, I dont think I should be ussr in my match up. This would have me playing ussr twice in a row, and sleepingiant playing the us twice in a row. Perhaps in these cases its easy and obvious for the players to work it out.
That's very honorable Snotty128! (Back story is we've played each other in tons of friendly games and both of us almost always win as USSR). So, suggestion to @doublebullout is keep the matching but choose sides based on who has been which already, or flip a coin if tied... or choose matches again if there is some way to factor in sides on challonge

geigerm

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:56 am

I'm geigerm on Challonge.

doublebullout

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:01 am

That's very honorable Snotty128! (Back story is we've played each other in tons of friendly games and both of us almost always win as USSR). So, suggestion to @doublebullout is keep the matching but choose sides based on who has been which already, or flip a coin if tied... or choose matches again if there is some way to factor in sides on challonge
I checked challonge and couldn't find a way to randomize sides. The highest seeded player is always placed in the first slot, and challonge won't let me manually change the order. Fortunately, eight of the matches are easily handled by swapping sides. For the other four matches, one player will have to play the same side they did in Round 1. For simplicity's sake, I suggest that for Round 2 we have the first player listed for each match play the US side this time. That works for all 12 matches.

Is everyone fine with that?

SleepingGiant

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:26 am

I checked challonge and couldn't find a way to randomize sides. The highest seeded player is always placed in the first slot, and challonge won't let me manually change the order. Fortunately, eight of the matches are easily handled by swapping sides. For the other four matches, one player will have to play the same side they did in Round 1. For simplicity's sake, I suggest that for Round 2 we have the first player listed for each match play the US side this time. That works for all 12 matches.

Is everyone fine with that?
Sounds good to me. I'm Sleeping_Giant on challonge, with an underscore, can't believe someone stole my username there.

Return to “The Tourney Dome”