Bernardo Soares

Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:14 am

How does this compare to the previous game MagaCity?
It takes the core gameplay of MegaCity and adds many more cards and new mechanics, such as deckbuilding, vs modes against AI, and a skilltree. It's also much more beautiful in style and graphics. I really liked MegaCity, and this is a more complex version that keeps the core that made MC fun. I'd say it's also more difficult, but not in a bad way.

RoccoD

Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:03 pm

How does this compare to the previous game MagaCity?
It takes the core gameplay of MegaCity and adds many more cards and new mechanics, such as deckbuilding, vs modes against AI, and a skilltree. It's also much more beautiful in style and graphics. I really liked MegaCity, and this is a more complex version that keeps the core that made MC fun. I'd say it's also more difficult, but not in a bad way.
I was sceptical at first, I thought it would be a money grab by making it isometrical instead of 2D but after playing it a bit I figured out that it's actually much more. And I agree, also quite more difficult, but I like a challenge.
Definitely worth every cent.

Blackfyre

Re:

Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:09 pm

This is on my shortlist for GOTY with Warbits, Polytopia, and Guild of Dungeoneering.
For some mysterious reason this is the first time I hear about Polytopia. The reviews on the AppStore are good, the game seems promising. Thanks for the hint dude!

Sjeng

Re: Review: Concrete Jungle

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:23 pm

Great game, great review. Thanks for pointing this game out.
Gave it a 5star rating on the Google play store and even mentioned this site'so review and comments!

Js619

Re: Re:

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:53 pm

This is on my shortlist for GOTY with Warbits, Polytopia, and Guild of Dungeoneering.
For some mysterious reason this is the first time I hear about Polytopia. The reviews on the AppStore are good, the game seems promising. Thanks for the hint dude!
Polytopia is great if you haven't played it, and it continues to get updates from the dev on a regular basis

moggylloyd

Re: Review: Concrete Jungle

Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:47 pm

I've had Concrete Jungle for about a month now. It's a very good game in terms of presentation and clever puzzle-city builder gameplay, but my enjoyment of it is starting to run out of steam. It feels like I'm done with it already, and so I'm keen to know from others if perhaps I' missing something that would give it more long-term appeal.

I've completed the campaign. I thought with it being called Welcome to Caribou City it would be the first phase of something longer but it turns out that's all there is. I've not got three stars in all the 16 or so missions but I don't feel any great incentive to try for that. I feel once I've beaten a level I've beaten it and it doesn't matter by how much.

Other than this, there are the one-off matches in solo, classic, versus etc but I don't see much point to these. I keep trying to beat my high scores but I'm not feeling much motivation to keep going.

Am I missing something here? Is there another aspect of this game I've completely missed? I'd like there to be more as at the moment it feels like it's way too short but sweet.

On a slightly unrelated topic, I have another question - are there any actual bona fide city builders that are worth playing on iPad - I.e not crappy free-to-play things? There was Sim City Deluxe but EA killed that off and replaced it with the awful Build-It version. I'd live there to be a proper city builder sandbox where I can create something from scratch and develop it.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”