Dittsche

Whats happen with slitherine and shendoah?

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:14 pm

I am a big fan from the crisis in command series on ipad. But unfortunately after the ios 9 update, they are still not working good. Battle of the bulge is now a terrible pc port with a bad multiplayer option. The other games have still sound problems. There is no music or efx sounds. And this until ios 9 comes out. Now we have ios 10. This is not fair from slitherine. I pay money for all the three games. And by the way, for was the crisis series the strategy games ever. Now its terrible. :( Pocket tactics, can you ask slitherine whats happen in the future? And i dont mean the new codec from drive on moscow or battle of the bulge. There are bullshit on ios. I want the old good working versions back. With gamecenter- multiplayer and all the original sounds and animations.

ImInnocent

Re: Whats happen with slitherine and shendoah?

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:16 pm

You and all other customers are hosed

doublebullout

Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:34 am

Sadly, this still appears to be the most recent update from the Slitherine forums on 6/28/2016:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 49&t=72780
After the recent announcement that Gettysburg: the Tide Turns is coming soon to PC, we received a number of queries on the current status of the iOS version. The game had been started on Kickstarter by Shenandoah LLC before the company went in to chapter 11.

Slitherine picked the assets of Shenandoah and is planning to complete Gettysburg: the Tide Turns for iOS. As a gesture of goodwill Slitherine will attempt to fulfil the orders placed with Shenandoah LLC to the best of our ability. We have the list of everyone who supported the iOS version and it’s very important to us that we deliver you the iOS version.

The iOS version will come. We’re currently focusing on the PC version as it’s easier to beta test and faster to iterate new versions, but we haven’t forgotten about the iOS version and will deliver it soon after the PC version.

The team are currently working hard on the game, and it’s currently being beta tested. You can apply to be part of the beta here!
Another post from 10/11/2016 indicates that it is still in beta. So they're still working on it.

EICJoe

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:56 am

I've got an article planned to look at this in more in-depth - there's a lot of context and back-story here I think worth exploring.

Shenendoah's Drive on Moscow will be out/re-released on October 27th, so they're working through the titles bit by bit.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Finandir

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:45 pm

I've got an article planned to look at this in more in-depth - there's a lot of context and back-story here I think worth exploring.

Shenendoah's Drive on Moscow will be out/re-released on October 27th, so they're working through the titles bit by bit.
While you are exploring this, maybe you can ask them about support for those of us who own the previous version of this title. I already paid for it once, now the old version is apparently abandoned and I am expected to pay $9.99 for the "privilege" of using the updated version of a game I already purchased.

EICJoe

Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:18 pm

While you are exploring this, maybe you can ask them about support for those of us who own the previous version of this title. I already paid for it once, now the old version is apparently abandoned and I am expected to pay $9.99 for the "privilege" of using the updated version of a game I already purchased.
Iain explained the reasoning for that here.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Mobile Games”