admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Hitting the Grape Juice Edition

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:06 pm

This week’s releases are juicier than last, but nothing like the clown car weeks of early November, with highly anticipated titles busting out of the windows and trying to shout...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/out-n ... e-edition/

Snarvid

Re: Out Now: Hitting the Grape Juice Edition

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Note that Leap of Fate has some fatal bugs that the developer has not solved in the three+ months since it's IOS release. If it works for you, it is a great game, but if you hit any signs of trouble get a refund ASAP rather than waiting for them to fix it.

Dusteki

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:34 am

Colt Express story mode is a complete catastrophe.

The game doesn't give you a puzzle which you solve with predetermined cards but instead drops you into a very specific scenario which you need very specific cards to solve. Except the game doesn't give you those cards but gives you random ones. You have literally no chance of success if you don't get those cards or your opponents get different ones.

For example one scenario has you trying to rob a specific wagon. Except there is a marshal in that wagon. He will ALWAYS kick you out unless you randomly get a card to move him. Except if you get that card your opponents might also have gotten the same card to move him back. Or a card to punch you away from the wagon.

This is not puzzle solving but instead random utter frustration.

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:40 am

Colt Express story mode is a complete catastrophe.

The game doesn't give you a puzzle which you solve with predetermined cards but instead drops you into a very specific scenario which you need very specific cards to solve. Except the game doesn't give you those cards but gives you random ones. You have literally no chance of success if you don't get those cards or your opponents get different ones.

For example one scenario has you trying to rob a specific wagon. Except there is a marshal in that wagon. He will ALWAYS kick you out unless you randomly get a card to move him. Except if you get that card your opponents might also have gotten the same card to move him back. Or a card to punch you away from the wagon.

This is not puzzle solving but instead random utter frustration.
We've got a review coming this week from Nick. Spoiler Alert: It's got problems.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Dusteki

Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:14 pm

There are also interface problems. Game is a mess.

Buggy

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:46 am

I like Swap Sword a lot. A smart little match-3 that brings something new to the genre. It is a bit too short and you may well finish it on your first 10mn run, but its scoring system is enticing. I myself played for a couple of weeks and finally scored a whooping 587 points: I'm pretty proud of it! :D I hope the devs are making enough money with this app to work on an extension (or maybe an infinite mode?).

Buggy

Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Edit: 924 points, come get me!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”