admin
Site Admin

Lost in Translation - Pathfinder:Destination & Designing Around Language

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Intuitive touchscreen controls are one of the greatest weapons in the armouries of mobile developers. Yet when the first action in a game consists of attaching a dead bat to...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/lost- ... -language/

pockettacticssucks

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:33 pm

this vaguely racist review is really the last straw for me. ive been watching the long sad slide this site has taken, from being the only real destination for app news i visited, to the pathetic state it is in now. thanks for the info you used to deliver, no thanks to the garbage you post now.

ImInnocent

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:44 pm

LOL, dude you only have one post and its you bitching like a little school girl about the reviewer stating the truth about a game marketed to English speaking and reading consumers.

pockettacticssucks

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:48 pm

thanks for reinforcing my view of the garbage around here

mattDP

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:37 pm

No one has ever called me a racist before and I'm at a loss to explain why you found this to be so. I found the game hard to understand from the interface and pictorial instructions. Had it been in English, I'd have found the same.

Racism is something that I find abhorrent: I am well aware that as a white guy, it's very easy for me to cause offence without meaning to and that the onus is one to learn to do better. To help me with this, I would be grateful if you could explain what parts of this you found offensive and why?

ImInnocent

Re:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:33 pm

thanks for reinforcing my view of the garbage around here
Well it seems someone who so called takes offence when their is none in an article sure likes throwing around clearly understood insults. Stay classy. lol.

NICKVIGDAHL

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:43 pm

No one has ever called me a racist before and I'm at a loss to explain why you found this to be so. I found the game hard to understand from the interface and pictorial instructions. Had it been in English, I'd have found the same.

Racism is something that I find abhorrent: I am well aware that as a white guy, it's very easy for me to cause offence without meaning to and that the onus is one to learn to do better. To help me with this, I would be grateful if you could explain what parts of this you found offensive and why?
I'd say there's strong evidence that this is that perplexing variety of troll that hates PT for reasons but still comes by to read every post. This newly minted handle may even be an alternate account for a particularly cowardly type of troll that needs an extra layer of anonymity in order to accuse Matt???who is writing under his real name mind you???a racist.

We'll sure miss you around here "POCKETTACTICSSUCKS"

pockettacticssucks

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:15 pm

clearly i must be mistaken. i rescind my original comment. good bye and good luck.

fatsuperman

Re:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:29 am

clearly i must be mistaken. i rescind my original comment. good bye and good luck.
Surely you should have the courage of your convictions to explain why you feel the article was racist? You've made your opinion felt with an inflammatory statement, been called out and politely asked by the author to explain, and instead of doing so, you are just leaving - you may even have a genuine grievance, although I can't see it personally.

Wavelightgames

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Nothing about this article was racist or even remotely so.

I found it a good read. UI design is really, really hard when you don'the have the luxury of using words.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”