marcokpc

Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:31 am

I love drafting... so something like this "draw the next 3 cards from your deck and your opponent. Shuffle together and give 3 cards to each players.
Afterward they will draft 3 cards from the 2 the decks.*

Buggy

Re: Lost Portal CCG iOS Giveaway – Enter Now!

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:30 am

I've always been fond of the no-creature/no-attack decks in Magic. I've built tons of such decks, one of them mixing glacial chasm and a bunch of prodigal sorcerers. Most of the time, my decks would fizzle pathetically, but when they clicked, oh my...
So, I'd like to have a card added to Lost Portal that would help this kind of decks. Here's my thought:
Curfew (creature)
When Curfew comes into play, put three counters on it. At the start of your turn, remove a counter. Discard Curfew when there is no counter on it.
As long as Curfew is into play, no creature can attack during the end-of-turn phase.
Another cool card could mimic Armageddon:
Drought (incantation)
Empty all aeon fields.

Pitta

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:19 pm

A card that functions as a mana void.
When you play it, all mana (yours and opponent) in the field is trashed making all summoned creatures useless, like resetting the board.
They still retain positions tough, so if it's limited you have to fill their mana again to move or use them again.
So who has the most summons in the field is penalized.
Works better with card games that have mana tokens on the actual board (like Pok??mon) but could be adapted to others.

MrTwip

Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:58 pm

My wife and I play a lot of Paperback app, and I would love to see more cards that mess with your opponent, specifically ones that force them to discard cards from hand. It would allow poor spellers or people with smaller vocab a better chance to pull off a win. For balance, a cheaper version of the card would force your opponent to get rid of a consonant, while a more expensive version would force them to discard a vowel, while also being removed from the game after use.

Skov

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:51 pm

I would make a card in Hearthstone that has huge toughness - like 50 - and 0 power and give it an interesting effect (fx your opponents cards cost 1 more). In essence this would be like an enchantment from Magic The Gathering. I really feel that Hearthstone is hurt be the simplicity that more or less every creature can be traded away in a single turn by the opponent. So let's make it possible to have creatures that stay a little longer on the board.

Of course since we are dreaming, we could also add "Tap" effects to these creatures. How about a 0/20 that taps to deal 1 damage to an enemy (I.e. Hearthstones Prodigal Sorcerer)

TunaCan

Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:29 am

I've mostly only played Hearthstone but I think that there should be a fairly good card that was what Skeleton Knight could have been, a high cost legendary that had high health and low attack with text that read "Deathrattle: Reveal a card in your opponent's deck. If this card costs more, return this to your hand." Because of the high cost it would go back to your hand more often than what Skeleton Knight did and the low attack would mean that it wouldn't be a huge threat.

loopy

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:12 pm

1 card 2 rule them all

ends

MetalRufflez

Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:13 am

I love card mechanics that makes you swap cards with your opponents, it doesn't work with all card games, but ones that have a communal deck, like Omen, or Deck Builders could make then really fun.

EICJoe

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Just as a note - codes for this will be awarded tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

EICJoe

Re: Lost Portal CCG iOS Giveaway – [Closed]

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:53 am

All Winners have been Contacted. This competition is now closed.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”