admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Blood for the Blood God Edition

Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Looking for some games to play this weekend? We've got you covered with new games, new expansions, new updates, and a new way to play digital board games.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/o ... s-feb-9th/

Sythwraith

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:22 pm

You completely miss the point of Tabletopia. You describe it as some kind of central depository for board game apps. Tabletopia is a physic sandbox that lets people play board games online with each other. There is no automation or AI as seen in board game apps. You play the game as if you had the physical game in front of you. Which means you must know the rules and play properly. It has nothing to do with people "having too many apps on their devices." It allows game designer to create their assets and present their game to be play online with others just as if they are sitting at a table together. If you check Steam you will see a lot of designers use it to prototype kickstarters. I am excited to see it makes its way to mobile, even though its a limited beta. I just think it deserves a more accurate description than what was presented. Not trying to be a jerk. In general I love the site. I just felt that that announcement lacked understanding of the app and its potential.

G Mahler

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:19 pm

So I presume that like any good co-op boardgame, you can play their Tabletopia version solo?

Neumannium

Re:

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:14 pm

So I presume that like any good co-op boardgame, you can play their Tabletopia version solo?
Yep!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”