admin
Site Admin

Field of Glory: Empires Announced by Slitherine/Matrix Games

Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:00 pm

Slitherine have been teasing a new game announcement all weekend, and we finally know what it is – Field of Glory: Empires.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/field- ... rix-games/

calpurnius

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:06 pm

This looks amazing. Total War does well with the shiny visuals and battles but at its heart is relatively shallow, tactically. HOI IV is deeper but is so scripted and AI underwhelms that replay ability leaves it tasting like stale bread. Paradox's offerings are deep but lack any ability to influence battle outcomes on the field.

The great thing about this is a deep world, politics, religion, culture and then a solid tactical battle system for resolving fights. I'm really liking the WEGO system too, adds a layer of fog of war unpredictability to everything, thus negating some of the advantages of having a gods eye view of the game.

All in all looks solid and I feel the hype

ltgentanz

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:25 am

Very interesting. I was going to pick up Rome 2 Total War on sale. But I hear they like to spy on customers now? 450 custom units and 1000 generals hard not to notice... I wonder if the metal from different regions will make a difference in sword quality; pretty much sold there.

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:47 am

Very interesting. I was going to pick up Rome 2 Total War on sale. But I hear they like to spy on customers now? 450 custom units and 1000 generals hard not to notice... I wonder if the metal from different regions will make a difference in sword quality; pretty much sold there.
I mean, if anyone was going to be that granular, it'd probably be AGEOD, but that's a super niche thing to take the time to code in and test. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

DeRuyter66

Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Not really a fan of AGEOD games after trying several but as a hardcore FOGII player I may have to give this one a go.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”