admin
Site Admin

Review: Rebel Inc.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Maybe it says something about how twisted people's tastes can really be, but Ndemic's Plague, Inc.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/rebel-inc/

EdwardB

Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:17 pm

My least-favorite part of Plague, Inc. was watching the map for pop-up AP bubbles to pop before they disappear. Did you notice any elements like that here? Where does it fall on the realtime/turn-based spectrum?

hellohellohello

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:31 am

I feel that a good version of this review would have focused entirely on the game???s merits and monetisation system, without the needless paragraph where the author vomited forth his opinion on whether the game was politically appropriate. As well as being entirely subjective and irrelevant to the review, this paragraph also seems extremely distasteful in an era where Apple feels that it is appropriate to mass censor all games which might cause offence to anyone who isn???t firmlyon the left of centre political demographic

While the author is obviously welcome to his views, I really don???t understand what the political paragraph added to the review. It reads like a very clear case of virtue signalling (???of course we have to tiptoe around this issue in the current day and age but I feel this particular game is acceptable???) and really isn???t what I exptect from a site like pockettacrics where the gameplay is meant to be the primary object of review.

I understand that this seems like a small thing in isolation, but left wing politics seems to be firmly embede d in modern game review culture to the point where Apple is now actively censoring games (including many that PT has precisely reviewed highly. Personally I hoped that pockettacrics was above engaging in this nonsense. Should a review of a board game like Puerto Rico have a paragraph discussing whether the game is politically sensitive to colonialism? Should a review of Sushi Go veer off into a discussion of the morality of meat eating versus vegetarianism? If so then fine, there are plenty of other sites that I can read instead.

hellohellohello

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:32 am

I don???t know why the forum software is replacing my quote marks with triple question marks?

EdwardB

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:18 am

You???re probably typing curly-quotes (I???m typing on iOS and it looks like they???re being auto-inserted) and the forum software is treating everything as plain ASCII instead of UTF-8.

Straight quotes: ' and "
Curly quotes: ??? and ???these??? and ???these???

It wouldn???t surprise me if anUTF-8 curly apostrophe has 3 bytes that don???t mean anything individually, so each one renders as ? when the conversion doesn???t find anything valid to render.

blanca12

Re: <t>Review: Rebel Inc. </t>

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:23 pm

I don't know why the forum software is replacing my quote marks with triple question marks?
Bluestacks TextNow VPN
Last edited by blanca12 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EICJoe

Re: <t>Review: Rebel Inc. </t>

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:14 am

I don't know why the forum software is replacing my quote marks with triple question marks?
Well it didn't that time :D It's on the list of things to look into, sorry about that.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”