admin
Site Admin

Review: Legends of Andor

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:21 pm

The board game version of Legends of Andor has been around for a number of years.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/legends-of-andor/

EICJoe

Re: <t>Review: Legends of Andor</t>

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Just a word of caution guys to signal post a point Matt makes towards the end of this review:

At the time of writing, it seems some users with specific devices are having crippling, game-breaking issues. It's not effecting everyone, and it didn't end up effecting Matt on his iPad Pro, but just as an extra precaution we recommend reading some negative reviews to see if you can tell if your device is likely to work or not. We don't have a list, and AFAWK the devs are working to fix the problem on their end.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Jokermon

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Good review of a well implemented and absorbing game that has sucked a lot of hours from me from day 1.

The latest patch may resolve the technical issues experienced for anyone trying to run the game on an IPad Air - IPad mini 2 and equivalent spec IPhone. Posted by the dev for IOS:

- Automatic language selection will now correctly default to EN if a device is set to a non-supported language (and not_this_kind_of_english ;-)
- Numerous performance and stability improvements, esp. for older devices
- The number of golden shields (castle etc.) now scales with the number of heroes selected.
- Added an additional loading animation to the start screen
- Optimized textures
- The minimum OS requirement is now correctly iOS 10 as it should have been from the beginning. If you downloaded the game with an older device then please issue a refund via https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084! It should be possible within 90 days of the purchase to issue a refund but if the store denies your request then please write us a quick e-mail at support@andorgame.com!
- Various smaller tweaks and optimizations, e.g. to save-games, combat animations etc.

Migasoto

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Has worked fine on my iPad 2017 so far with no problems at all. Im on Legend 3. I like the game but it is quite 'puzzly' - more so than I expected. Also, videos I watched of the board game before purchasing the app suggested that set up was very random meaning Legends could be replayed again and again. Im not finding that so far with the app... they appear to set up exactly the same each time, but maybe that will change on later Legends.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”