admin
Site Admin

Opinion: The Nintendo Switch is beating out mobile to some of our favourite strategy games

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:33 pm

The Nintendo Switch represents an interesting question for an Editor like myself. It’s not a new question - Nintendo’s hand-held consoles have always kind of been a potential new area...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/n ... es-mobile/

biffpow

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:02 pm

Nice article, Joe. I like these kinds of pieces and would welcome seeing more of them here, as well as more Switch coverage.

The link from "the calibre of strategy games available on the Switch" does not work. And I'd like to see the list! I bought FE: 3 Houses but have not yet bought a Switch due to my wanting more games on it that I would play and not being able to find a list like the one you mention.

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Nice article, Joe. I like these kinds of pieces and would welcome seeing more of them here, as well as more Switch coverage.

The link from "the calibre of strategy games available on the Switch" does not work. And I'd like to see the list! I bought FE: 3 Houses but have not yet bought a Switch due to my wanting more games on it that I would play and not being able to find a list like the one you mention.
Bah, forgot about the glitch when linking to Strategy Gamer. Link is fixed now if you want to go have a read :)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

biffpow

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:12 pm

Thanks!

Now PT just needs to run a contest giving away some Switch consoles....

Falkenstein

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:31 pm

"In general I???m noticing a trend where Switch ports are now more likely than a mobile port."

I've been eagerly looking forward to the West of Loathing iOS release for a couple of years now ... the iPad version was essentially finished, my hazy understanding that the desire to support other devices, such as the iPhone, may have sidetracked the iOS development in favor of the Switch release, and then focus went to the Reckonin??? at Gun Manor DLC, first for Steam and now the Switch and GOG.

"And Switch seems to be where the action is. We sell more copies on the Switch than we sell on the PC now. That???s where the audience seems to live."
https://www.reddit.com/r/westofloathing ... next_game/

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”