admin
Site Admin

The Weekender: 100 Games Edition

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:00 pm

There hasn’t been anything really worth reviewing this week, hence a lot more news bits and our usual run of features.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/b ... -8th-2019/

biffpow

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:25 pm

I wonder how many other people feel that, in an effort to reach the 100-game mark as soon as possible, Apple perhaps lowered the bar somewhat on the quality of games they/ve added to the Arcade line-up?

And is that their strategy for selling this--quantity over quality? Not that there aren't quality games on there, obviously, but do people really want 100 games that are pretty hit or miss or do they want 20 games that are all high quality? At a certain point, Arcade is going to feel a lot like the over-crowded app store, where finding the good stuff becomes increasingly harder.

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:45 am

I wonder how many other people feel that, in an effort to reach the 100-game mark as soon as possible, Apple perhaps lowered the bar somewhat on the quality of games they/ve added to the Arcade line-up?

And is that their strategy for selling this--quantity over quality? Not that there aren't quality games on there, obviously, but do people really want 100 games that are pretty hit or miss or do they want 20 games that are all high quality? At a certain point, Arcade is going to feel a lot like the over-crowded app store, where finding the good stuff becomes increasingly harder.
It's interesting, because there are definitely games on Apple Arcade that i'd have bet money on wouldn't have bothered releasing in a premium form otherwise. Maybe Apple are trying to prove some kind of point about premium mobile games? Maybe 100 was a just an attractive big number?
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”