admin
Site Admin

The Year in Mobile Gaming 2019

Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:14 am

The years just blur by, folks, so if you’ll indulge me I’d like to mark the occasion by noting some high and lows 2019 has sprung on mobile gaming, as...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/m ... tive-2019/

TokyoDan

Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:58 am

This is the most useless article. What I want to know is what are the games represented by the top screenshot and the third screenshot down the page? Please put descriptions below the screenshots

zot23

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:30 pm

TD has a point, screenshots without a descriptor or call out in the text is a writer no-no. Please put em in there , I was wondering what that top game was too. ;)

acedout

Re:

Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:27 pm

This is the most useless article. What I want to know is what are the games represented by the top screenshot and the third screenshot down the page? Please put descriptions below the screenshots
It’s DOTA Underlords based on the file name.

acedout

Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:29 pm

Third image down in the article is Mario Cart.

EICJoe

Re: <t>The Year in Mobile Gaming 2019</t>

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:51 am

Well, as I keep pointing out every time TD brings this up, the CMS doesn't allow for captioning of header images, so I'd have to physically write out "Header image is X" somewhere in the copy.

Which I'm perfectly capable of doing, but I don't want do, as it would deprive me of conversations like this one. Maybe the new Editor will finally cave and make you happy Tokyo but I plan to go out as I started :D

I will admit though, given the nature of the article I should have captioned the body images.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

zot23

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:08 pm

Yeah, that's called being a good writer producing quality copy.

"Dota Underlords (shown in image above) is a game where..."

It took me all of 5 seconds to write that bit above. Before you gripe and say people don't care, I used to come by this site all the time and lately I've found it more and more frustrating, this being one of the reasons. I don't game as much as I'd like, the "Best of" articles help me pick and choose what I want to spend my valuable time playing. But the compilation articles where I have no idea what game is being shown is both confusing and frustrating to low info readers (like myself.) It's the sort of thing that makes me come to PT less and less.

A little writing tip: If two people complain about something in your article, 20 others have had the same thought but didn't post it. But you'll lose the 20 viewers, not the 2, if you aren't responsive. Best wishes in your new endeavor.

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:38 pm

Yeah, that's called being a good writer producing quality copy.

"Dota Underlords (shown in image above) is a game where..."

It took me all of 5 seconds to write that bit above. Before you gripe and say people don't care, I used to come by this site all the time and lately I've found it more and more frustrating, this being one of the reasons. I don't game as much as I'd like, the "Best of" articles help me pick and choose what I want to spend my valuable time playing. But the compilation articles where I have no idea what game is being shown is both confusing and frustrating to low info readers (like myself.) It's the sort of thing that makes me come to PT less and less.

A little writing tip: If two people complain about something in your article, 20 others have had the same thought but didn't post it. But you'll lose the 20 viewers, not the 2, if you aren't responsive. Best wishes in your new endeavour.
I'm glad you appreciate the 'Best of' articles we run. I know they've been controversial at times but they seem to be paying off.

I also never said 'people' don't care - clearly they do - I said *I* don't care, and I recognise this makes me look like an ass, but what can I say? I'm enjoying this conversation even if no-one else is.

I don't have enough appreciation for you and TD's point of view, I admit, but I'm more than happy to answer any questions if you want to know more about something. It's what I'm here for and I do enjoy interacting with readers.

But I also find it sad that out of everything Michael talked about, the only thing you took away from it is that you don't recognise some game screens.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Neepneep

Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:25 pm

Yeah I???m with you Zot23
It???s like the shop with the sign ???no we don???t sell batteries, coffee or matches???
If you get asked for them so many times you have to put the sign up...

zot23

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:13 pm

I never said I didn't get anything out of the articles, obviously I get something if I come here to read them. I'm just a viewer of the site giving feedback on what might make things easier to read around here, take it or leave it. Strange that after three callouts for a this in this thread alone, you would choose to leave it - but ah well.

Happy New Year!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”