admin
Site Admin

Convention Report: Fall In 2018

Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Fall In 2018, held 9th thru 11th November 2108 and sponsored by the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society (aka HMGS East) was quite a revolutionary affair. Literally.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/fall-in-2018-report/

DeRuyter66

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:17 pm

I can confirm that the food was indeed good and the line was only long for lunch if you wanted a burger. I heard many comments on the endlessly ongoing construction. One wonders how they could stay open with all the common areas in disarray. Speaking of that my games were supposed to be in the main room (Distlefink) but as it was still in the middle of renovation we were moved. Other rooms lacked carpets and on another forum someone mentioned it felt like their old unfinished basement. On the other hand their were good comments about the rooms. I actually found parking difficult because many spaces were blocked off due to the construction, but on Saturday I did see open spots. The construction is very slow and I would have expected the Expo area to have been finished in the summer, but the area around it is still dug up.

As for the gaming. My "What a Tanker" games went well with some Dads and sons playing as well as younger players. I have noticed younger gamers at the shows recently hopefully bucking the greying of the hobby trend.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”